• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What's the explanation of needing speaker calibrations vs wire length with good speakers ?

tjtremor

I have Klipsch rp-600m bi-amp with an older receiver so each speaker gets 2 channel so I get 100w+ per speaker available.

The speaker wires are not equal since the amp is near the right speaker. The banana,pin plugs & 12gauge cable are the same for both speakers.
Right speaker wires are 60cm and left speaker 200cm.

While listening to the same track & moving the output to left/right I used SPL db app to measure each driver. After I got them equal in db I checked by ear that they sound equal.

I end up with +0db left tweeter +2db right tweeter and +1db left woofer +3db right woofer

So yes, it made a difference in clarity but I'm left puzzled why this +2db difference ?

Eetu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
My guess is simply that the other speaker is closer to a boundary/corner than the other. Perhaps combined with manufacturing tolerances of the individual drivers. AFAIK +-1-1.5dB or more is not unusual.

Top Bottom