• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What's the common road to audio bliss?

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
I doubt it's "epitome", but I wanted to try.

Excellent word; epitome ... embodiment ... essence.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/epitome
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/epitome
https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/epitome

English/French (Seven letters, including E - T - E)

* Epitome/Épitome (your search for that word is top-notch)
** Entente/Entente (that's another clue, and it happens to fit the conditions - seven letters and the three letters; E - T - E)
*** -------/------- (still available)

_______

There is one word (very good clue) that would immediately lead to the one still very very near now.
And that leading word has six letters, and one of the letters is different from English to French (minimal switch of one vowel).
_______

"...The road where everyone benefit from the reaps of the music playing in a common accord. "

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
I had a PM with Bob. I won't reveal the full context of the discussion. But I did seem to stumble upon the word "respect." I agree with Bob. One must respect others and also the music above all else. That's easier said than done. Here's what I said:

"Most high dollar hobbies only require a check book. Some folks collect watches, boats, houses, women, art . . . Music playback isn't like that. It's like the music is sovereign and will only give itself over to those who respect it more than the gear."

The above doesn't necessarily reflect Bob's view. It's simply how I stumbled upon the word.

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Extremely unfortunate that there is very little "respect" left in this world.

iridium.
When it comes to music, I think most normal people do respect it. I think many audiophiles view themselves as having special powers others don't possess. Those types of people don't respect music, IMO.

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I like the fact that you used the word "possess":

pos·sess
verb (of a demon or spirit, especially an evil one) have complete power over (someone) and be manifested through their speech or actions.
  1. "she was possessed by the Devil"
    synonyms: take control of, take over, control, dominate, influence; More
    iridium.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
What's the common road to audio bliss?

Best Buy/Revenue 2016 39.53 billion USD

upload_2016-6-14_2-6-21.png

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
But that's not the same. It happens mainly online. ...Online shopping. ...Except on Boxing Day when everyone rush the doors wide open and go jammed packed crazy to save ten bucks on discontinued items.

Top Bottom