• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What's next for active speaker after KH 80?

kodreaming

I finally got a pair of KH 80 on my desk. I don't have much experience with speakers in the past, other than a set of Songs Faber Tower and KEF LS50 powered by various ~$1K AMP in the past. I have also tried a few pairs of desktop speakers in the past that are sub ~500, but never really liked how they sound.

I really like what I hearing. What's next if I want something for a room setup? Are there floor standing speakers of similar characters or it is just KH 120 on speaker stand?

I never really got into the whole amp thing as most amp sounds pretty much the same to me, so I am glad I am out of this whole DAC+AMP thing.

OP
K

kodreaming

Sorry, should have searched the forum first.

Sounds like it is all answered here.

3125b

Major Contributor
Just add a sub, the KH 750 DSP will get you down to 18Hz, get a proper room correction going and there won't be much to improve.

dfuller

Major Contributor
I finally got a pair of KH 80 on my desk. I don't have much experience with speakers in the past, other than a set of Songs Faber Tower and KEF LS50 powered by various ~$1K AMP in the past. I have also tried a few pairs of desktop speakers in the past that are sub ~500, but never really liked how they sound.

I really like what I hearing. What's next if I want something for a room setup? Are there floor standing speakers of similar characters or it is just KH 120 on speaker stand?

I never really got into the whole amp thing as most amp sounds pretty much the same to me, so I am glad I am out of this whole DAC+AMP thing.
Depends on how much you want to spend. KH420s are (massively) more expensive but are fully capable of room filling SPLs even down into the sub region, and they occupy a sort of "between floor stander and stand mount" size. KH310s can do the same, but not nearly as loud especially below 40hz.

Top Bottom