• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What's everybody's thoughts on the cambridge audio 'minx' series subwoofers?

NewbieAudiophileExpert

So i've recently purchased a CA Minx X300 subwoofer, which is an eight inch subwoofer and has a passive radiator on the bottom - reason for purchasing it? It was small and cost the equivalent of about $50 USD (100 here in Aus).. very good condition, etc - so i guess that i just 'felt like being' naughty.

Still, this sub is good and I'd connected it as the 0.1 on my PC set up, and it can produce some serious bass, although i'm fairly certain that it has more distortion than the SB1000, and it pales in comparison, especially when it comes down to reproducing anything south of 30HZ.

I still feel like I got a good deal, and that this subwoofer can always be played around with in terms of its utility - it's also really good in terms of aesthetics, with the design looking quite modern, sleek, and relevant to 2022.

What's everybody else's experiences like? How woulds this compare to a SVS 3000 micro or those KEF/REL ones?

Top Bottom