• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What's Cooking? Show us Your Plated Food Photos!

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Tonight's dinner: Wagyu cheesburger with carmelized onions and Siracha mayo, scalloped potatoes, and California vegetable medley.

View attachment 177492
Stand back and use the zoom feature- that will get rid of Photographer Shadow. (I can hear my wife hollering at me already)

OP
Helicopter

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The lodge CS is nice and thin. I just got my first deBuyer mineral B as a Christmas gift and I was shocked how thick and heavy it is. Agree on woks too. I use a $10 ImaUSA CS wok from Walmart.

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The lodge CS is nice and thin. I just got my first deBuyer mineral B as a Christmas gift and I was shocked how thick and heavy it is. Agree on woks too. I use a $10 ImaUSA CS wok from Walmart.
I thought by the looks that the Lodge was thick, like the de Buyer mineral B, which I have too and it's great for all kind of meet. I treat it with vegetal oil in the oven. For other uses my best pan is a de Buyer Alchemy. The typical paella sold here in every hardware store is this one.

Last edited:

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Here's the plating process for my Szechuan peanut noodles. Can I convince you that I really move that quickly?

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here's the plating process for my Szechuan peanut noodles. Can I convince you that I really move that quickly?

You should see how quickly I can eat dishes like that (pardon my scarfing).

tubesguy

Recipe or it didn't happen.

Reactions: SIY
OP
Helicopter

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wife hit a nice buck yesterday. Fortunately she was fine and the meat was in pretty good shape. I like to eat any offal when it is super fresh. Here's a lung I pan fried for lunch. I only had room for half of it.
20220130_120324.jpg

Last edited:

Raindog123

Major Contributor
Don't like that meet but the potatoes in the pan look great. My default method would have been to cover them completely with oil. What do you use to fry them?

Just a bit of vegetable oil and a touch of salt, and a decent pan. (Sometimes some herb seasoning, but more often not.)

…and what is wrong with my ribeye (with ample Montreal steak seasoning)?? :)

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Today I have two corpse-free dishes. Finished but not plated, I realize just right now.

Added disclaimer: The corpse reference is a bad joke.

Another Valencian rice (bomba) with Jerusalem artichokes (I guess that's British since they are from North America), artichokes (the truly mediterranean ones) and mushrooms (Boluetus edulis, Calocybe gambosa and Craterellus cornucopioides). To the traditional sautéed (it's the best english? word I could find to translate sofregit/sofrito) I added a glass of vi ranci, a kind of oxidized wine very common in catalan cook, and a bit of ginger powder, a combination I like very much, resulting in a sort of sweet and sour contrast. The center laurus nobilis leaf it's added at the end for aromatizing purposes. The first picture it's just before the rice is added.

IMG_20220130_144701617.jpg
IMG_20220130_151424359.jpg

IMG_20220130_155442115.jpg

Cooked with my new acquisition, a carbon steel paella but thicker than the traditional ones that doesn't get deformed by heat and hence it's adequate for electrical cook.

A curious fact you may don't know. The word paella has been internationalized from spanish to refer the dish prepared with a paella, a pan, in catalan, which is the origin of the word.

And... a traditional spanish omelette (totrtilla de patatas) with a touch of milk cream and green garlic, cooked with my beloved de Buyer Alchimy.
IMG_20220130_151921845.jpg

Next time I'll come with some corpse, I promise.

Edit: And I'll try this revolutionary @Raindog123's technique for frying potatoes. 500 years of spanish culinary corpus on how to fry potatoes are at stake here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom