• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Whats better than naim muso 2 i want to upgrade it? i want reference sound...

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date

Marc v E

Major Contributor
What I read so far makes me think you want something like the kef ls60. However I would recommend you don't spend too much until you've gained some real world experience and know if the end result is really worth the money.

I would start with something that makes you familiar with eq: like the minidsp flex. Get an amp like the ncore mp252, kef r3 and add a sub ( or two) when you want to upgrade.
There is basically no way around buying a sub if you want clean lows that work in your room.

The alternative is - and what I would choose- a Genelec monitor with GLM ( automated eq) like the 83xx series. Also well within budget. It's for good reason you get so many people recommend Genelec.
Like I said before, this is what I would advice. But reading the thread I'm not sure what your must have requirements are and what your should have/nice to have. Until then, it's hard to point to a final solution.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Hello i just bought
kef r3
with 5 years warranty, please advice on amp
integrated amp to drive them something high end,
i listen to loud volumes and i try to achieve as maximum as possible

also do i need to get speaker stands ?
i will place speakers on my desk.

with good resale value once i decide to upgrade and to move to the next level

Galliardist

Major Contributor
Some reading here (have you found and read the review and the comments there?) suggests that you can use the R3 as a desktop speaker. You need to get them away from the back wall a little, I'd guess fully plug the port, and a desktop stand will be useful as sitting them on the desk directly will probably have a negative effect on the bass (llke sitting a bookshelf speaker on the floor).

This being ASR, I note that the speaker looks a really good pairing on specs with the well-reviewed Benchmark AHB2 - if you can afford it. That's a power amp of course, so you would need a source with volume control, or a preamp. Any of the decently reviewed integrateds here with Hypex or Purify class D modules will probably do the job as well, if you want an integrated amp.

Apollon mentioned above look like a good option for an EU purchaser. Power amps, again, and I'm sure they can advise on the best match and get you over the line.

If you add the KEF subwoofer and cross over close to 80Hz, you can avoid that 3 ohm dip and use a less powerful amp. I know someone who has done that and uses a mid range Denon amp, who claims good results. I'll get to listen one day, I'm sure, but not yet.

With speakers on a desktop, you might find a full sized integrated amp too big - bear that in mind.

Good luck!

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Some reading here (have you found and read the review and the comments there?) suggests that you can use the R3 as a desktop speaker. You need to get them away from the back wall a little, I'd guess fully plug the port, and a desktop stand will be useful as sitting them on the desk directly will probably have a negative effect on the bass (llke sitting a bookshelf speaker on the floor).

This being ASR, I note that the speaker looks a really good pairing on specs with the well-reviewed Benchmark AHB2 - if you can afford it. That's a power amp of course, so you would need a source with volume control, or a preamp. Any of the decently reviewed integrateds here with Hypex or Purify class D modules will probably do the job as well, if you want an integrated amp.

Apollon mentioned above look like a good option for an EU purchaser. Power amps, again, and I'm sure they can advise on the best match and get you over the line.

If you add the KEF subwoofer and cross over close to 80Hz, you can avoid that 3 ohm dip and use a less powerful amp. I know someone who has done that and uses a mid range Denon amp, who claims good results. I'll get to listen one day, I'm sure, but not yet.

With speakers on a desktop, you might find a full sized integrated amp too big - bear that in mind.

Good luck!
i plan to use Denon amp as well..
unless i find something better :)
thanks for the suggestion 3700h is the model from denon. not yet bought it since i cant find it.

Top Bottom