• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Whats better than naim muso 2 i want to upgrade it? i want reference sound...

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As for amps. The amps in the review index with Sinads above 100dB are certainly very good especially the Purify based ones.

However if these are out of your budget maybe consider the alternative of a very good AVR. Here you get most bang for your buck and pretty much everything you need in one box. Streamer, DAC and most important RoomEQ (room correction). Next to the speaker itself, your room, the speakers positioning the RoomEQ will contribute order of magnitudes more to a good sound in your room than all the other electronics combined. Think about it as these AVRs are most likely available in your country and you might even get used ones too.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

As for amps. The amps in the review index with Sinads above 100dB are certainly very good especially the Purify based ones.

However if these are out of your budget maybe consider the alternative of a very good AVR. Here you get most bang for your buck and pretty much everything you need in one box. Streamer, DAC and most important RoomEQ (room correction). Next to the speaker itself, your room, the speakers positioning the RoomEQ will contribute order of magnitudes more to a good sound in your room than all the other electronics combined. Think about it as these AVRs are most likely available in your country and you might even get used ones too.

So what brand makes all in one solution for these room eq correection + streamer i dont need dac

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So what brand makes all in one solution for these room eq correection + streamer i dont need dac
Denon for example is quite popular and measures quite well see review here for their entry model.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Harman , i showed its old school vintage its heavy not newer model its probably class ab , it costed around 2500$ more than 10 years years ago... brand new

ok, denon is 9 channels i dont need 9 channels i need stereo for 2 channels the smaller package the better, according to denon specs 105w max at 8ohm
my speakers are rated at 180w at 8ohm so this will be underpower for me.

Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive)105 W

Last edited by a moderator:

DSJR

Major Contributor
I'm sure the R3's would be a fine upgrade from a Muso 2 box. As for amps and watching costs, wouldn't one of the popular Yamaha integrated models be absolutely fine so the OP can adapt to a different way of doing things?

Just a thought. Going active with Genelec (or Neumann 120's?) may be a huge stride forward. Just a thought...

I'd also forget everything the lay people elsewhere say about class A, AB or the 'dreaded class D.' *These days,* it really doesn't matter now...

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

I'm sure the R3's would be a fine upgrade from a Muso 2 box. As for amps and watching costs, wouldn't one of the popular Yamaha integrated models be absolutely fine so the OP can adapt to a different way of doing things?

Just a thought. Going active with Genelec (or Neumann 120's?) may be a huge stride forward. Just a thought...

I'd also forget everything the lay people elsewhere say about class A, AB or the 'dreaded class D.' *These days,* it really doesn't matter now...
Is kef wireless ls 50 ii 2nd generation fine upgrade from muso 2 box.

DSJR

Major Contributor
I would say yes myself. Can you get anywhere at all to hear some conventional sound systems? Speakers are a personal thing and the room has such a huge influence.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

I would say yes myself. Can you get anywhere at all to hear some conventional sound systems? Speakers are a personal thing and the room has such a huge influence.
No i cant no one in my country have kef keference 1, kef r3, or kef wireless ls 50 ii ,
so i cant sorry.
its even worse situation with genelec and other non common brands.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
They are very expensive, old model from year 2017 i cant find them used, only new so not worth the money, also using limited class d amps.
i also think these are 2 way so i am looking for 3 way.
Why are class D amps limited?

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Why are class D amps limited?
Most class D amp, is the cheapest possible junk amps you can buy.
Specially chinese and other ones.... they have good value if you have low budget,and if you want to use them for some regular cheap speakers.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Most class D amp, is the cheapest possible junk amps you can buy.
Specially chinese and other ones.... they have good value if you have low budget,and if you want to use them for some regular cheap speakers.
Hypex and Purifi amps are both class D and among the best amps in the world, no matter what class.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Hypex and Purifi amps are both class D and among the best amps in the world, no matter what class.
On the market exists a lot of companies and a lot of classes of amps everyone can choose whatever he /she likes same story with the cars .A lot of brands...
budget friendly cars, expensive and ultra expensive and luxury cars.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
An amp is good or bad because it's good or bad; that has nothing to do with class.

Amps aside, If you end up getting the KEF R3, you'll have a pair of amazing speakers. If you can wait, though, I would just to see what is in the near future. I have no direct information, but with the recent releases of the revised Blade and Reference series, chances are we'll see news for the R series.

Last edited:
OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Kef will release R series with meta for sure at some point but again speakers will be - with increased price like they already did for reference series with double the price...
reference 1 non meta price was around 4000 euro now reference 1 with meta is around 9000euro..

https://hifiheaven.net/shop/Rega-Elicit-R-Integrated-Amplifier have you ever heard about this brand or models rega elicit -r ? is it any good i read emulated class a or something high end around 100w per 8ohm i think its good for me?

Marc v E

Major Contributor
OP
D

Deleted member 51459

If you order from Thomann it cost you nothing above 298 euro and they have the pro brands. They are reliable and have good customer service. https://www.thomann.de/ro/helpdesk_shipping.html?shp=eyJjb3VudHJ5Ijoicm8iLCJjdXJyZW5jeSI6MTIsImxhbmd1YWdlIjoxNH0=&reload=1&country=BG

Or from https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/

If I was living abroad and had few choices this is what I'd do. Check their return policy too if you can try and return when you're not happy with your purchase.
So what brand amp to order from them?

Top Bottom