• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

what you think makes Audiosciencereview (ASR) great

murraycamp

Forum Donor
The free coffee.

kokishin

Forum Donor
Among other things, Amir's avatar is kinda sexy.
(FWIW: I love Asian women).

amir_avatar.jpg

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The fact that no one here gets in trouble for uttering things that are true (or sometimes things that are untrue) or linking to other forums.

By contrast, on WBF, if I reported information about a high-end audio company (or a person, such as Mark Levinson) that in any way touched on bad audio performance or questionable business practices, I was liable to receive a warning from the gynecologist who was co-owner of that fine forum.

Juhazi

Major Contributor
I sort of guessed it, but I'm not happy at all to see tens of subjective threads titled "Best xxx" "Worst xxx" Most beautiful xxx" or even "Best match with my xxx". Popularity takes it's toll, sigh.

Cable, power conditioner, reclocker etc. battles I can take, but I feel sorry for the OPs who obviousy don't understand what ASR stands for...

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The knowledgeable people who are willing to share patiently. Sometimes.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
The "reviews" on most every other audio site are a joke - here they are based primarily on facts, measurements, science.
The moderators on most audio sites are of the "trust your ears" type, and actively encourage the "golden eared", $$$$$=quality nonsense. None of that here.

Last edited:

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Among other things, Amir's avatar is kinda sexy.
(FWIW: I love Asian women).

View attachment 53250
There are billions of people in Asia with a huge number of "looks" and ethnicity!
Most people of Asian origin here in the UK came from India and Pakistan, because they became British through Empire links, and from China via the Hong Kong links.

diddley

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The way this forum has been developed is really great.Technically spoken
No advertising so no bias en bs
The honesty of the reviewer
The knowledge amongst members who are willing to help
The humor
The video's
The understanding that the consumer is not a endless fountain of money that needs to be squeezed out.
sorry for misspellings

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Measurements and Expertise of posters (mostly in engineering, but also in neuroanatomical areas).

Lack of advertising and consequent bias.

But, I'll add something that is lacking: DBT results, esp. needed in speaker comparisons.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The "reviews" on most every other audio site are a joke - here they are based primarily on facts, measurements, science.
The moderators on most audio sites are of the "trust your ears" type, and actively encourage the "golden eared", $$$$$=quality nonsense. None of that here.

ok, I disagree... this place is trust your ears - which requires a DBT; the nonsense you refer to is "trust your biases"

edahl

I sort of guessed it, but I'm not happy at all to see tens of subjective threads titled "Best xxx" "Worst xxx" Most beautiful xxx" or even "Best match with my xxx". Popularity takes it's toll, sigh.

Cable, power conditioner, reclocker etc. battles I can take, but I feel sorry for the OPs who obviousy don't understand what ASR stands for...
This thankfully isn't stack exchange. Those threads are fine, fun and useful. In fact, precisely because peoples' needs and subjective opinions differ.

Last edited:

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I just like graphs.

Top Bottom