• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gikigill

Another perspective to ponder: HAIs (Heathcare Acquired Infections) kill more people in the USA (pop: 327M) every 12 days than the coronavirus has killed Worldwide (pop: 7.7B) in 3 months.

Meanwhile, the MSM on HAIs.

giphy.gif

HAI are not transmittable and can't travel continents.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
CDC raised death rate est.s from 2% to 3.4%

Italy shut down their school system...

g29

Addicted to Fun and Learning
HAI are not transmittable and can't travel continents.

Your comment is irrelevant. The fact is HAIs ARE TRANSMISSIBLE (definition of infection) and kill each and every day, year after year at a very high rate and are preventable. They are infections you pay to get and no one says boo about it as proved by your post trying to ignore its existence. As for traveling continents, I am sure HAIs are all over the world and not restricted to just US healthcare institutions. Selective paranoia.

Australia does not undertake surveys of the prevalence of infections in hospital, nor does it have a national surveillance system that collects and reports data on hospital-acquired infections.

It appears the MSM is not the only institution selectively playing crickets on HAIs:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

g29

I was at Costco yesterday behind a guy with a cart that 6 foot tall with water, rice, etc. He took forever to check out. Once he left before I could say anything, the cashier rolled her eyes at these people collecting all this stuff. I commented that it would be good for Costco though. She say no, they return everything they buy later, down to bread and perishable stuff!

I am surprised people try to bring back perishables. I know they have tried to fraudulently return old/broken items they did not buy at Costco (e.g. buy new flatscreen at Costo and return their old broken flatscreen [sometimes different make/model] in newly bought packaging), but hadn't considered perishables. I hope they don't put the perishibles back on the shelves for resale. Maybe they should change their return policies.

I went to our local Costco the end of last week and things were normal. Shelves were stocked, plenty of TP and no one was walking out with half the store. I have on occasion seen people buy product by the pallete loads before (e.g. disposable cameras), but they usually resell the stuff at their convenience stores.

Last edited:

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
I was at Costco yesterday behind a guy with a cart that 6 foot tall with water, rice, etc. He took forever to check out.

Our Costco is always full of restaurants stocking up so I don't know how to tell them apart. Like the folks buying 50 mussels in garlic butter or lobster ravioli, they just say that's tonight's special.

Reactions: g29

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am surprised people try to bring back perishables. I know they have tried to fraudulently return old/broken items they did not buy at Costco (e.g. buy new flatscreen at Costo and return their old broken flatscreen [sometimes different make/model] in newly bought packaging), but hadn't considered perishables. I hope they don't put the perishibles back on the shelves for resale. Maybe they should change their return policies.

I went to our local Costco the end of last week and things were normal. Shelves were stocked, plenty of TP and no one was walking out with half the store. I have on occasion seen people buy product by the pallete loads before (e.g. disposable cameras), but they usually resell the stuff at their convenience stores.

Amir is in the state of Washington. I would imagine once there is a significant outbreak in other states and the governor declares a state of emergency, the same thing will happen.

blueone

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was at Costco yesterday behind a guy with a cart that 6 foot tall with water, rice, etc. He took forever to check out. Once he left before I could say anything, the cashier rolled her eyes at these people collecting all this stuff. I commented that it would be good for Costco though. She say no, they return everything they buy later, down to bread and perishable stuff!

A mildly interesting article about the hoarding:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/04/coronavirus-where-shoppers-are-stockpiling-the-most.html

g29

Amir is in the state of Washington. I would imagine once there is a significant outbreak in other states and the governor declares a state of emergency, the same thing will happen.

Various California mayors have been declaring states of emergencies both with and without corona virus cases in their cities since latter February.

Last edited:

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Various California mayors have been declaring states of emergencies both with and without corona virus cases in their cities.

To add to that:

Governor of California, Gavin Newsom, declared a state of emergency due to coronavirus. (twitter)

Live Press Conference, by Governor:
https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/live/channel/cbs-sacramento-live-channel-2/

My Summary:
California is monitoring 9k people in 49 counties.
California already received $37 million grant part of the $8.3 billion dollar emergency fund, approved earlier today by US House. (twitter)
Money is not the issue, this is strictly in response due to freeing up additional resources.
They have tested over 5k tests already in California.
14 labs in the state of California is currently testing.
That number will go up as high as 20 labs in the next couple of days.

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
In a couple of months, you might be wishing you still had that Everclear. Would work great as hand sanitizer :D

15833693946808813464624228491986.jpg

Wait...there are people who DON'T have Everclear?
Huh...

gikigill

Your comment is irrelevant. The fact is HAIs ARE TRANSMISSIBLE (definition of infection) and kill each and every day, year after year at a very high rate and are preventable. They are infections you pay to get and no one says boo about it as proved by your post trying to ignore its existence. As for traveling continents, I am sure HAIs are all over the world and not restricted to just US healthcare institutions. Selective paranoia.

http://theconversation.com/heres-ho...ions-in-australian-hospitals-every-year-82309

Australia does not undertake surveys of the prevalence of infections in hospital, nor does it have a national surveillance system that collects and reports data on hospital-acquired infections.

It appears the MSM is not the only institution selectively playing crickets on HAIs:

giphy.gif

Plenty of people die for plenty of reasons such as hunger, heart disease, influenza and they are all well documented at this stage.

We would end up with only obituaries on newspapers if we started focusing on all of it.

How about we stick with the topic at hand?

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Much needed news for US citizens...

First announced by White House correspondent on March 3:
"Today we will issue new guidance from the CDC that will make it clear that any American can be tested for coronavirus, no restrictions, subject to doctor's orders."

Today, US CDC changed their website to reflect this change:
Clinicians should use their judgment to determine if a patient has signs and symptoms compatible with COVID-19 and whether the patient should be tested.

Overall:
This expands testing to a wider group of patients, not just those with travel histories or with serious conditions as previously stated.
If you're in the US, call your local doctor and speak about any current symptoms, and you will get tested.

g29

Plenty of people die for plenty of reasons such as hunger, heart disease, influenza and they are all well documented at this stage.

We would end up with only obituaries on newspapers if we started focusing on all of it.

How about we stick with the topic at hand?

I am staying on point. I put it into proper perspective and pointed out the selective paranoia that is running rampant.

OP
A

andymok

Masks are like condoms, just wear it

Influenza or not it'll just contain it.

g29

I have heard of the green new deal and recycling, but this is a bit extreme.

Factory caught RECYCLING used coronavirus face masks to sell again in Thailand

Shocking footage shows how workers were IRONING used face masks before selling them again in Thailand.

Police raided the factory in Saraburi province, 65 miles north of Bangkok, on Monday (March 2) after complaints about the dodgy masks being sold to locals desperate for protection against the deadly coronavirus.

The group were allegedly collecting dirty and discarded surgical masks, putting them through a washing machine and dryer, ironing them, repackaging them before selling them again as new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom