• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
An effective measure

I know, tattoo the forehead with an encrypted barcode.

Easy scanning at any restricted entry point to any "public" accomodation.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Everything will be electronic. For example, adding a QR code to the new passport.

New passport is every ten years here.

(Ooh... I think mine is due for renewal... I better get on that or I won't be able to escape)

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
As soon as there are vaccines, it will return to new normal. Meanwhile, it only remains to overcome the first attack and prepare well for the next.

An effective measure: without the vaccination certificate you cannot renew your driving license, buy / rent a vehicle, access public transport. They would have to live like the Amish.
No thanks , doing that will cost us far more than a few life's.

maty

Major Contributor
It will be inevitable to verify that whoever enters a building has the antibodies that indicate that they have overcome the disease, especially in essential services. Later, the annual vaccination check until the virus disappears.

maty

Major Contributor

maty

Major Contributor
I have been following Kiko Llaneras for many years, before being known.

Very interesting, with a lot of graphs.

Cómo el confinamiento frena la cadena de contagios
[Spanish] https://elpais.com/sociedad/2020/04/01/actualidad/1585734540_155050.html

How confinement slows the chain of contagion
https://www.translatetheweb.com/?ref=TVert&from=&to=en&a=https://elpais.com/sociedad/2020/04/01/actualidad/1585734540_155050.html

[ This MIT study, led by Spaniard Esteban Moro, shows the effects of estrangement measures in New York, such as school closure or the order to stay at home: the number of contacts outside the home has been reduced from about 75 daily per person to just 5. ]

covid-19-MIT-NY-distanciamiento.png

[ This data says the measures will work. This is also the conclusion of Imperial College's report of 30 March (which has generated controversy over its estimate of the number of infected persons). The study estimated that the measures taken in Spain have lowered the reproductive number of the virus below 2 and perhaps 1. ]

covid-19-Imperial-College-R0.png

[ The curve in Spain is flattening. That's not going to stop the deaths from continuing to grow in the next few days. Because the peak may be coming and because even when it arrives it can be shaped like a plateau. But it is evidence that confinement, as in other countries, is capable of curbing the virus and surely suppressing it, at least temporarily.

Evolution of deaths
Logarithmic scale is used, which is best to observe the evolution of the epidemic. The distance between 10 and 100 is the same as between 100 and 1,000... ]

covid-19-evolucion-muertes-03042020.png

Spain - Italy - USA - South Korea

Last edited:

maty

Major Contributor

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In Switzerland where part of my family is living you are free to get vaccinated or not and 95% of the population are vaccinated. Studies are showing that those not vaccinated , specialy children are in good health.
The only reason why those non vaccinated children are in good health is that 95% are vaccinated. Reduce this number and the situation may change dramatically.

onofno

The only reason why those non vaccinated children are in good health is that 95% are vaccinated. Reduce this number and the situation may change dramatically.

This is the main reason I'm not vaccinated since 1989.... and believe it or not I've not seen a doctor because of sickness until today... same for my wife.... and we've not absorbed products made by BigPharma since then.

Last edited:

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
I don't think my existing passport has any indications of vaccinations I may or may not have received.

Does yours?

I had a folded yellow card issued by a travel clinic that I carried in India, not required at the time but if it became necessary it was proof of vaccination for several things.

maty

Major Contributor
https://elpais.com/sociedad/2020/03/30/actualidad/1585589827_546714.html

Although daily confirmed cases remain in an increasing phase, a positive sign is that the growth variation of these cases day by day is declining. In two weeks it has gone from daily growth of more than 30% to less than 7%.

Daily variation of confirmed cases
Last updated: Saturday, April 4 at 11.30 am.
% cumulative confirmed case growth and 7-day moving average (average growth rate value every seven days)

covid-19-spain-variacion-diaria-casos-confirmados-04042020.png

[ All the Autonomous Communities, in addition to Ceuta and Melilla, record cases of infected persons. Madrid is the great center of the epidemic in Spain, with more than 36,000 positives and more than 4,500 deaths, followed by Catalonia. Although the situation is not the same throughout Spain, as the disease runs at a different rate in each location, the widespread impression is that incomes have declined in the ER. ]

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
He leaves with his respect and honour intact and his head held high, he did all he could to protect the men and women in his command.

He is the type that can lead troops in a war because his troops know they can implicitly trust their leader with their life.
Don't kid yourself. In a war, he would not hesitate to send his troops into the breach, knowing full well that many or most of them would perish. War is hell.

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

digicidal

Major Contributor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom