• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What would you donate for us to test speakers?

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Oh I think you need to adapt it to an improved, and enlarged camper van (with concrete floor). Then you can tour the country testing speakers. Move the speaker to the portable Klipple super van, and test. Move the speaker back into the owner's home. Drive to the next location.
Finally, we could have a reality tv show worth watching!

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe you just need to get sponsors for the camper van itself. Sort of like in Nascar, only different.

1563737888455.png

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Oh I think you need to adapt it to an improved, and enlarged camper van (with concrete floor). Then you can tour the country testing speakers. Move the speaker to the portable Klipple super van, and test. Move the speaker back into the owner's home. Drive to the next location.

I bet you could built it into a taco truck.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That looks like a modified school bus which would ride like hell. It is something that is more befitting Thomas.
Once you add the concrete floor the weight will smooth out the ride just fine.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Maybe you just need to get sponsors for the camper van itself. Sort of like in Nascar, only different.

View attachment 29788
If we can put a hot tub up on top there am all in.

You just know that bus has seen some sights lol

Do you think a taco truck would generate enough revenue to pay for the Klipple system? That is an approach we've not considered.
Amirs Persian kebab truck... , I would sooner trust him with a kebab than my speakers to be honest.

Amir , you will need to make your own wraps ,. No using the Mexican packet ones!

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If we can put a hot tub up on top there am all in.

You just know that bus has seen some sights lol

Amirs Persian kebab truck... , I would sooner trust him with a kebab than my speakers to be honest.

Amir , you will need to make your own wraps ,. No using the Mexican packet ones!
I think we are getting somewhere now.

Amir's kebob, hot tub spa, and Klippel speaker testing truck. Discounts to good looking young women of course. The truck could travel to various events along the way to testing speakers at places across the country. If we can get a real group of characters, I've no doubt we'll get that reality TV show. Maybe get some rock stars and groupies for a couple episodes.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I think we are getting somewhere now.

Amir's kebob, hot tub spa, and Klippel speaker testing truck. Discounts to good looking young women of course. The truck could travel to various events along the way to testing speakers at places across the country. If we can get a real group of characters, I've no doubt we'll get that reality TV show. Maybe get some rock stars and groupies for a couple episodes.
We need @watchnerd to lend us his cat walking mother in law, that's TV gold right there.

Problem we have is too many odd balls not enough eye candy. I won't be able to handle all the groupies on my own I will need some help.

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought about building one. The problem is that on top of the fixture, there is some really hairy math involved to perform field separation. (...) I could pay someone to do the signal processing but by the time we are done, I think we will have spent half or more of the expense anyway.

I didn't realize there was some clever (unpublished) maths behind the scene.
(The question is still how much it would cost to reproduce it, though, to lower cost of multiple parallel testing...)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
We need @watchnerd to lend us his cat walking mother in law, that's TV gold right there.

Problem we have is too many odd balls not enough eye candy. I won't be able to handle all the groupies on my own I will need some help.
I've a feeling we can get you help Thomas. ;)

I've a friend who always walks their cat everyday. When I've seen other people try this there are one of two reactions by the cat. Some I've seen lay down like they are frozen and can't move. Others just go wild running in all directions until the leash snaps them back. Pet grooming is another business that could be added to the truck in any case.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I've a feeling we can get you help Thomas. ;)

I've a friend who always walks their cat everyday. When I've seen other people try this there are one of two reactions by the cat. Some I've seen lay down like they are frozen and can't move. Others just go wild running in all directions until the leash snaps them back. Pet grooming is another business that could be added to the truck in any case.
The vet has my mum's cat ' Chico' black listed , takes three of them dressed in what looks like bomb disposal gear to handle him. I'd love to see someone try and put a lead on him ..

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I didn't realize there was some clever (unpublished) maths behind the scene.
The general algorithm is known and published in AES paper by Klippel. Exact implementation though still needs to be done by someone who understands it and I don't have any free volunteers for that. Nor to build the mechanical fixture. I could do it all myself but would take a lot of time and I rather pay to buy this system than use my time for that.

Vintage57

Forum Donor
Does Klippel list the speaker manufacturers that are using their system?

Does anyone on here know of any?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Does Klippel list the speaker manufacturers that are using their system?

Does anyone on here know of any?
I asked the US distributor and they did tell me how many they have sold but not to whom.

Vintage57

Forum Donor
and.....how many did they sell?

Fledermaus

Forum Donor
I agree. But, on the other hand, my guess is that not many folks would be interested in speakers that cost more than $5000 as they cannot afford it.
Not sure, seems like everybody who likes some given stuff likes to see 'high-end' said stuff, even though they sure can't afford it, get reviewed, be it audio, car, wine, watches and whatnot. Keep the dream alive, feed the inextinguishable fire of desire !

Vintage57

Forum Donor
It
I don't know that they want me to say.

Respectfully it would be interesting to know out of the 50 or so speaker manufacturers in the US how many have stepped up.

I’m certain if someone of us willing to contribute to the purchase called we would get the same answer.

I’m guessing not that many and there may be an opportunity to provide third party services if you’re interested.

Number of manufacturers from Wikipedia

Last edited:
Top Bottom