• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What would be best for HiFiMan HE400SE ?

Sayanunbounded

I've read a lot of audiosciencereview review. But as a super noob I don't understand the data (Vrms/clipping/...etc). This will be my first audiophile experience too. I want to listen in my android, Ipad and widows PC. I've chosen some DAC/AMP . Please look into that. And please recommend the best .

1)Fiio BTR5
2)Shanlng UP4
3)Earman Eagle
4)Hidizs s9 pro
5)Shanling UA2
6)IFi Zen dac V2
7)Fiio q3
8)Fiio New K3
9)schiit fulla 3

IFi Zen dac V2,Fiio q3,schiit fulla 3 are less likely I want to get. Every other DAC/AMP is under INR9000. For a starter I want something. After 2 years perhaps I'm going to buy schiit magni and modi 3.

staticV3

Master Contributor
See if you can get a Qudelix 5K plus a 2.5mm balanced cable.
The 5K's integrated PEQ and AutoEQ presets will increase sound quality more than anything else.

Edit:
Using the 5K's 2.5mm balanced output instead of regular 3.5mm will give you roughly 40% more loudness with the 400se. There's a good chance the 3.5mm output won't be loud enough for you, that's why I recommend the 2.5mm cable.

Last edited:

Bleib

Major Contributor
Cheaper AVR such as Denon AVC-s660h

Fulci

I don’t know about the HE400SE but I use a Tempotec Sonata Pro with my HE400i and it’s more than enough for me.

dsnyder0cnn

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've read a lot of audiosciencereview review. But as a super noob I don't understand the data (Vrms/clipping/...etc). This will be my first audiophile experience too. I want to listen in my android, Ipad and widows PC. I've chosen some DAC/AMP . Please look into that. And please recommend the best .

1)Fiio BTR5
2)Shanlng UP4
3)Earman Eagle
4)Hidizs s9 pro
5)Shanling UA2
6)IFi Zen dac V2
7)Fiio q3
8)Fiio New K3
9)schiit fulla 3

IFi Zen dac V2,Fiio q3,schiit fulla 3 are less likely I want to get. Every other DAC/AMP is under INR9000. For a starter I want something. After 2 years perhaps I'm going to buy schiit magni and modi 3.
None of the above. I use the Topping DX3 Pro+ with the HE400se headphones. I've not tried the DX3 Pro+ with my Android phone or Apple iPad, but I can't think of any reason why it would not work with the proper cable.

What is actually "the best" depends on your application and expectations. The DX3 Pro+ is not a good solution if you require portability. Sound quality is excellent, but the Topping D90SE + A90 stack will, arguably, be a little better.

Top Bottom