• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What to choose: Sabaj A30A vs SMSL VMV A2 vs SMSL SA400 or sth else?

Tweeter2016

Hello forum! Hello everyone!

I am new on this forum... I want to try class D amp, so I decided to register on this forum as there are many audio folks here and a lot of Chinese amps enthusiasts.

As I said I am mainly interested in class D, mostly would like to try FDA (Full Digital Amplifier). I came across Sabaj A30A and SMSL VMV A2 - they both are very similar (right ?) I have read they use similar components and have comparable parameters. Do Sabaj A30A have something comparable to SMLS's SDB solution?

Do they sound - (almost) the same? Can we say both amps are the same league / same class?

Yesterday I noticed also - Balanced FDA Amplifier - new model: SMSL SA400. How it compares to those before mentioned?

Newest SMSL SA400 is priced between: cheapest A30A and highest costing VMV A2.

What is the best of the three - I mean which is best value for money? How much they differ in sound they deliver?

Which to choose? I have KEF LS50 speakers (not Meta).

Thanks for your time and advice!

Regards,
T.

Dylan_but_not_Bob

Hi,

I am also interested in this topic. I want to know how they compare to each other?? Especially I am for SMSL SA400 (because it has SDB) and SABAJ A30a (because of its price point).

Anybody own one of this "fully digita amps" on forum?

Thx.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor

there's two reviews there + a product intro and some peoples' views on the last one... there should be enough there to go on for an informed purchase

to me i would go the SMSL A2 just because the thing lacks DACs and the novel way it works (ie. pcm -> pwm) *should* be enough for me to kick it over the line

OP
T

Tweeter2016

to me i would go the SMSL A2 just because the thing lacks DACs and the novel way it works (ie. pcm -> pwm
SABAJ works same way, and is much cheaper ($500 vs $900), so I will purchase A30A.

Thanks for links!

SiamXIII

It's designed to be used with digital inputs. Presented RCA input is for legacy devices. There is no point to use it with external DAC.

Top Bottom