• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What to buy for iTunes streaming

NoobMD

Dear All,

This is my first post @ASR. Could somebody guide me what equipment(s) I should buy for network-based iTunes streaming. My gears are the MacBook Pro (2017) and the Audioengine's A5+ through bluetooth connection. No DAC yet, but I may add the RME's ADI-2 DAC to my signal chain. I am happy with my current setup, but was just wondering if I could use only my router and a hooked-up streamer to listened to iTunes using some sort of streamer. I know many speak highly of the Allo's DigiOne Signature (Player), but am not sure if this one can meet my need. Any comment or recommendation?

NoobMD

Willem

Major Contributor
The simplest and cheapest way is to connect your laptop to your active speakers using a simple rca cable. Apple is known for good internal digital to analogue conversion so you should be fine. If you do not want to tie down your laptop you could use an Apple Airport Express: https://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/airport-express-audio-quality-2014.htm
Both approaches avoid the suboptimal Bluetooth connection.

OP
N

NoobMD

The simplest and cheapest way is to connect your laptop to your active speakers using a simple rca cable. Apple is known for good internal digital to analogue conversion so you should be fine. If you do not want to tie down your laptop you could use an Apple Airport Express: https://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/airport-express-audio-quality-2014.htm
Both approaches avoid the suboptimal Bluetooth connection.

That sounds promising. I will check that possibility. I have been using an Apple's Time Capsule, which does not seem to have a 3.5 mm output though.

Top Bottom