• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What the current Aiyima A07 actually needs.

Midnight Audiophile

Just finished drilling this one and shooting the video. I should have it up later today or by tomorrow. I'm Midnight Audiophile on YT.
Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 8.06.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 8.07.16 AM.png
IMG_4022.jpg

andrewjohn007

Forum Donor
That's awesome! Thank you again! I'll take a crack at my A07 and let you all know how it goes. The A04 is a little bit narrower, but modding the template will be super easy,, barely an inconvenience.

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

I'm not sure I could do this in my tiny, ill equipped NYC apartment. If you want to make a quick $20
Just finished drilling this one and shooting the video. I should have it up later today or by tomorrow. I'm Midnight Audiophile on YT.View attachment 221262View attachment 221263View attachment 221264

That looks really good. If you want to make a quick $20 I'd pay to ship my lid both ways. Just reach out. If not. Perhaps provide the template and tell me what I need to purchase. Bit size, scratch awl, etc.

Last edited:

Midnight Audiophile

andrewjohn007

Forum Donor
OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

It appears the Chinese haven't worked out that extruded fin heatsinks don't work when placed horizontally and particularly, when placed in a sealed box with no airflow. There's no hope for these absolute idiots.

Anyone who buys this garbage deserves exactly what they get.
Well, we're solving that. It isn't garbage though... Drilling a set of holes isn' t that hard really. For some of us impossible... But thankfully there are a scant few who can help. Even if you have to do it yourself. My A07 is doing quite well. Powered well, cooled even better. Follow our lead and modify this desktop beast.

maxchau

My experience with Op amp rollings with A07 has been noticeably different, if the speakers used are of high resolution. (McIntosh XRT18 in my case.) The three chips tested were 5532, muses8920 and opa1656. 1656 being the one to my liking. 8920 second yet may be preferred by different user. Muses01 is my favorite but not tested for not risking bent legs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom