• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What (streaming radio station) are we listening to right now..

OP
Madjalapeno

Madjalapeno

Forum Donor
Currently enjoying a nice sunset chill session with a home made margarita pizza and margarita on the rocks. It's important to make the pizza first.

(Patron Anejo, Solerno Blood Orange Liquor, fresh lime juice)

DanielT

Major Contributor
This. Nice funky 70s-inspired Jazz. No advertising on that channel!:)

Tip:

OP
Madjalapeno

Madjalapeno

Forum Donor
I love RP. Spent years listening to them, decided to set up an account and started donating. Also started rating songs.

Found out you can export your ratings so now have a playlist of my top 300 (10's to 7's)

Jim Shaw

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm currently listening to the live stream from WCLV, northern Ohio's classical music public station. The station is all classical and tends to feature a lot of content from live performance recordings of the Cleveland Orchestra, with which they have a special relationship.

[The Cleveland Orchestra has a precision and warmth that can spoil you on symphony orchestras. When I listen closely to most other orchestras, I keep noting things like, "Man, did the string section blow that timing." Or, "Why can't the horns play together?" Or, "Why are they racing to the finishing coda? Are they hungry and want to get to supper?"]

For jazz and non-curated classical music, I tend to skip around a lot, with no clear single choice, but largely Amazon Prime HD (which keeps getting better in my estimation).

WCLV's stream is basically CD quality which is plenty good enough for me to listen to broadcast radio without complaint. Their hosts are pretty well prepared to provide some context on the orchestras and musicians they play, but they don't overplay their hand in descriptions.

-Just One Man's View.

OP
Madjalapeno

Madjalapeno

Forum Donor

Freeway

SomaFM - Secret Agent, Lush, Suburbs of Goa + a bunch more channels.

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

600_OHM

I'm one of those freaks that actually listens to a streaming station's FM transmitter because I'm close (and fortunate) enough to be somewhat close, sometimes on the verge so I'll switch to the stream.

Well, two LPFM stations, hence non-commercial and not filled with commercials, or told how to run their stations (or stream) gear.

KHUG 97.5 (R&B / Blues at night, pop/rock by day).

If I want to get a little country going, I have KZNQ 101.5 / stream

Being licensed LPFM, they are not allowed to "compete" by FCC rules. So no commercials, but sometimes a supporter mention that is also very FCC limited in what they can say. More music, less gab. No marketing department telling them how to run their companders....

Top Bottom