• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What streamer for Amazon Music to Topping D50s?

thefsb

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The optical input for my D50s is occupied but the coax input is free, and the USB can be free too if the streamer will also play from my digital music collection (available from a MinimServer or SMB).

Does an Echo Link do this?

At present I have a Raspberry Pi and I can play Tidal (apparently Spotify also works) and my collection all using the wonderful BubbleUPNP app.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
The optical input for my D50s is occupied but the coax input is free, and the USB can be free too if the streamer will also play from my digital music collection (available from a MinimServer or SMB).

Does an Echo Link do this?

At present I have a Raspberry Pi and I can play Tidal (apparently Spotify also works) and my collection all using the wonderful BubbleUPNP app.
Yes Echo Link is good for this. There is digital coax out. You can control it with your phone app. I have it set up as 'the speaker' for an echo show so I have a screen and voice control. The screen display is OK not great for this because it switches back to home screen during play. A regular dot might be a better choice fir voice control.

The Link won't stream full ultra HD, but it will still give you lossless digital to the DAC.

gvl

Major Contributor
Apparently BluOS supports Amazon HD and UHD, so a Bluesound Node is one (expensive) option. They've recently announced a new model with a presumably better DAC, so it may be a viable all in one solution.

OP
thefsb

thefsb

Yes Echo Link is good for this. There is digital coax out. You can control it with your phone app. I have it set up as 'the speaker' for an echo show so I have a screen and voice control. The screen display is OK not great for this because it switches back to home screen during play. A regular dot might be a better choice fir voice control.

The Link won't stream full ultra HD, but it will still give you lossless digital to the DAC.
Thanks for the info.

44.1/16 is quite enough for me. I usually can't even tell the difference between 128k and 320k MP3. That said, I prefer 44.1/16 over lossy because then I don't think about what I might possibly be missing.

OP
thefsb

thefsb

Apparently BluOS supports Amazon HD and UHD, so a Bluesound Node is one (expensive) option. They've recently announced a new model with a presumably better DAC, so it may be a viable all in one solution.
We had a Bluesound Node for a couple of weeks and returned it because the mobile app was so bad. BubbleUPNP FTW.

Top Bottom