• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What spendy DAC manfs. Think their DACs Deliver in SQ

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
here are some quotes (from a rep. for Sonore) on how their various digital equipment differs from the lower priced items:

Lower noise floor

Better detail retrieval

soundstage both larger (deeper, wider and taller) and more precise imaging within the soundstage

better dynamic expression (macro and micro)

Better timbre

Recordings will sound different than before - you can hear individual instruments (within a complex mix) more clearly and will be able to tell how individual instruments are being played better

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Looks like typical sales jabber to me, at least noise floor should be quantifiable but IME theirs will be lower even if it isn't. Better timbre is ripe for some horrible puns. :)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
here are some quotes (from a rep. for Sonore) on how their various digital equipment differs from the lower priced items:

Lower noise floor

Better detail retrieval

soundstage both larger (deeper, wider and taller) and more precise imaging within the soundstage

better dynamic expression (macro and micro)

Better timbre

Recordings will sound different than before - you can hear individual instruments (within a complex mix) more clearly and will be able to tell how individual instruments are being played better

But, but, it's more expensive, so there must be more things. More is better and better is more. More musics. More airs. More details.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can't ever have enough airs these days.

I have a *insert name of current affordable champ * but feel it isn't giving me enough airs. Someone tell me *very spenny but well engineered device * will sate my need for airings and resolvings.

ReaderZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The only logical explanation I can think of for "air" is some speaker may have really bad decay characteristics, therefore everything sound smeared and no "air" .

Top Bottom