• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Speakers Would You Like Amir To Measure Next?

Nootmuskaatje

I'd like to see how a KEF Q650C does with all those horrible center measurements out there. 2.5-way with KEFs well done coaxial design for a little €400,-.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Since he has a good access to the Harman group loudspeakers I would like to see the 8" JBL 4306 as its currently offered here in Germany for a quite lower price than its smaller 6,5" sibling JBL 4309 which got a good review here in ASR.

It might be a good passive high SPL alternative to the 708 and looks imho cooler than its smaller sibling:

2.jpg
1.jpg

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Since he has a good access to the Harman group loudspeakers I would like to see the 8" JBL 4306 as its currently offered here in Germany for a quite lower price than its smaller 6,5" sibling JBL 4309 which got a good review here in ASR.

It might be a good passive high SPL alternative to the 708 and looks imho cooler than its smaller sibling:

View attachment 164534

The 4306 looks nice but it unfortunately is not a very good speaker

In that era, 4312x, 4319, 4429 are good. The 4319 was tested here with a slightly hot treble and all the limitations of a 12” box speaker, but has very low distortion drivers.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The 4306 looks nice but it unfortunately is not a very good speaker

In that era, 4312x, 4319, 4429 are good. The 4319 was tested here with a slightly hot treble and all the limitations of a 12” box speaker, but has very low distortion drivers.
Thank you, true, I had seen that Polish test in the past but I forgot it, I also used to own a pair of 4312SE myself, what a pity as the 4306 could have been a good bargain.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Guru Audio

After reading all the praises of Perlisten... I know it's along shot, but if a chance arises, I'd love to see Amir's test of any of Perlisten speakers.
I heard them at Capital last weekend. They are my new favorite multipurpose speaker. Probably the best jack of trades I've ever heard, possibly beating even line source Wisdom Audio Sage L75s which were my previous reference for an exceptional "do it all" speaker but those require specific active crossovers and high end DSP to sound their best and here these are just straight up passive and easy to implement. Some other speakers may be better at one given genre but the PerListens truly played all things very well and did that better than any other passive speaker I can think of. If you are equal parts movies, and music or music but with a very wide taste these are nigh perfect. The subwoofers are incredible too. At least competitive with a dual JL Fathom and maybe a tad better. Heck I'm even considering selling my three Wisdom Audio P4Ms and two subs just to get a pair of S7Ts now. The gentleman who exhibited them is a Magnapan dealer and a huge Maggie fan himself. I asked him why he brought these instead of Maggies then. He said (paraphrase of course) "Because this is the best passive dynamic speaker I've heard yet and while I still love my Maggies for my own music and tastes, these are objectively accurate and they just work with everything, and even for me are the closest anything else ever got for my own enjoyment versus the Magnapans." If you how Maggie lovers think, then that's a maximal endorsement coming from him lol.

Yes, for those of you whose mind it skipped over time, the search bar has a drop down menu where you can search a specific thread to see if your candidate has been covered (please refrain from silly puns).

On a side note, I really hope the brand name Perlisten isn't derived from "for listening", I'd loose all respect.
"Perceptual Listening"

I'd like to see line source Wisdom Audio tested. Subjectively I think they are some of best stuff I've ever heard, and I've heard most high end stuff by now.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
I heard them at Capital last weekend. They are my new favorite multipurpose speaker. Probably the best jack of trades I've ever heard, possibly beating even line source Wisdom Audio Sage L75s which were my previous reference for an exceptional "do it all" speaker but those require specific active crossovers and high end DSP to sound their best and here these are just straight up passive and easy to implement. Some other speakers may be better at one given genre but the PerListens truly played all things very well and did that better than any other passive speaker I can think of. If you are equal parts movies, and music or music but with a very wide taste these are nigh perfect. The subwoofers are incredible too. At least competitive with a dual JL Fathom and maybe a tad better. Heck I'm even considering selling my three Wisdom Audio P4Ms and two subs just to get a pair of S7Ts now. The gentleman who exhibited them is a Magnapan dealer and a huge Maggie fan himself. I asked him why he brought these instead of Maggies then. He said (paraphrase of course) "Because this is the best passive dynamic speaker I've heard yet and while I still love my Maggies for my own music and tastes, these are objectively accurate and they just work with everything, and even for me are the closest anything else ever got for my own enjoyment versus the Magnapans." If you how Maggie lovers think, then that's a maximal endorsement coming from him lol.
Thank you for this feedback. If you're talking about "do it all" speakers, I'm guessing you're talking about towers. Bookshelves lack low end in the eyes (ears) of most objective reviewers and measurements support this. The main weapon of these should be STAYING flat while loud, not so much being flatter than the flattest.

I get what you're saying about some speakers doing something better or worse, but I must say I have no appreciation for genre specific speakers. Going full range and flat with good equipment should free someone from genre restrictions. Good source material and room acoustics and that's it.

Niklasmagnus

Would love to see some low to mid range performance home cinema speakers like Procella P5 and P6, M&K sound LCR950 and S150 etc
These speakers suppose to play load with low distortion, but have good are they really.

JeanKazamer

Ah there was a thread for that! lol i wouldn't not cluttered the forums had i known ...

1. any of the Tekton with the full cicuclar arrays
2. any complete CBT type array with tweters/mids full ( as per original Don Keele designs )
3. any of the mid+ OM serie from local Mirage brand ( owned 2 sets of those back then )
( although if i understood correctly, Klipsch bought Mirage and closed them :( )
4. GGNTKT M1 looks very interesting

( not necess interested in the said loudspeakers but rather intrigued by the learning possibilites about the different designs/compromises :cool: )

wwenze

Major Contributor
The Genelec that costs $4995 reminded me, we haven't seen anything from Devialet.

Top Bottom