• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Speakers Would You Like Amir To Measure Next?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'm thinking of the KEF LS50 Meta review and a few others I can't name off the top of my head where I couldn't see the tweeter/woofer measurements separately.
That is a special case where such a measurement is not possible. I am able to measure the tweeter if it is separate from the woofer. THen I can put the mic close to it and isolate it from the impact of the bass driver. When the speaker is coaxial, I can't do this. Any such measurement would be full range and show both drivers.

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
I am interested in seeing more measurements of the Perlisten speakers; the flagship tower, especially.

And no, sorry, I don't have one to send Amir. :)

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Any of the Goldenear active towers.

A Surfer

Major Contributor
It really is irrelevant what we want to see measured, it depends completely on who has what that they can actually afford to send in. Perhaps a membership thread where it is asked who has what that can be sent is in order. Clearly only people living in the US can contribute. When I sent my Q5s to be measured through no fault of anyone it cost me almost a $100 in customs and shipping just to get it back. Imagine what a speaker would cost?

l0rdm0rd

HECO Aurora 700?
i'd also really appreciate that. As a german, i could get a pair for 500€ and i'm really, really tempted right now. The brand has a good reputation here, especially in poland (for whatever reason). The auroras are so popular, HECO even started to make them with more flashy colors as requested by their customers.

NeoZs99

Genelec 8340.. On paper looks quite the speaker. Beefy enough amp, good measurements (from Genelec) and GLM/DSP

Last edited:

Sandor

Some of the highly regarded studio monitors would be sweet:

ME Geithain - RL901K and RL944K
Amphion One15 and Two18
RCF Mytho 8
Tannoy Precision 8P (discontinued)
PSI A21

You can find measurements elsewhere, but it would be interesting to have the Klippel ones to compare them with each other.

Hiten

how about a little different speaker design ?
Focal Shape twin.
a MTM type monitor with mids having different crossoverpoints and two passive radiators on opposite side.
I wonder how these measures and how will dispersion pattern be.
Regards.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Anything that is not a DAC!! Oh, sorry, I blurted that out before I realized it was not the question for the thread. I'd like to see a lot of mid-priced AVRs tested with the test showing which mode outputs what frequency curve to the speakers. Mid and low priced speakers. A continuation of headphones so we can find which is the best headphone at say $300 or less. Price is a big variable. If we can find more inexpensive gems that would be nice. It is the most fun when Amir posts up an inexpensive or mid priced speaker test and it does much better than expected. Kind of like a giant treasure hunt!

Last edited:

bladerunner6

Forum Donor
I would like to see him test the Monolith THX series, particularly the 365T, the 365C and the 265B.

I would also be interested in tests of more of the JBL A lines, particularly the A170 Tower and the A125C center.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
After reading all the praises of Perlisten... I know it's along shot, but if a chance arises, I'd love to see Amir's test of any of Perlisten speakers.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
BTW, mentions of what you like tested is useful. Often I get offers to test things and I search here to see if there is existing interest before accepting it.

Beave

Major Contributor
@amirm , do you live anywhere near this seller? I'd love to see measurements of the bookshelf and center speakers.

After testing, you could probably sell them on eBay or usaudiomart or here and recoup your expenses. I have a set, and while they're not the best I've heard, they're more than competitive at these used prices (they're no longer available new).

Top Bottom