• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Speakers Would You Like Amir To Measure Next?

dickiefunk

KH150 is here. I just need to finish rescuing the Klippel NFS from all the boxes from our move and then I will be testing it. Hopefully very soon now....
This is great news! Thankyou for doing these tests! Look forward to seeing the results. I’m would love to see how both the Focal Solo6 ST6 and IK iLoud Precision compare to both the Neumann KH120 and KH150.

Did you measure the Neumann KH120’s?

dickiefunk

Thanks for sharing these. I don’t completely understand how to read these graphs and how these measurements compare to something like the Focal Solo 6.

Could someone help me understand how the KH120 compares to the Focal Solo 6 please?

behappybevegan

LD Systems ICOA 15
PA 'coax' speaker
15" inch horn loaded woofer
1.4" inch horn tweeter with small horn
dsp active
925 euro a pair

333.jpg

lig.jpg

Tupisac

Studio subs, especially those most popular:

JBL LSR310S
Yahama HS 8S
KRK 10.4S

BeeKay

Buchardts maybe. Passive and active ones

lashto

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There is a bit of youtube stir about full-range drivers/speakers nowadays, mainly from Lii Audio.
They do have a canadian shop now and might be interested in sending one to measure. The smallest one should be enough to get an idea ..

Last edited:

lashto

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
in&on-wall/ceiling/floor speakers.

Erin did test a few but none were particularly good. Mounting those things is a giant headache and it does not make much sense if you can only get below average sound. Plus, the resale value is basically zero.
Maybe there are some good ones worth the effort?!

These look interesting: https://nakymatone.com/products/echt/
Another bunch, including an in ceiling sub: https://www.graysound.nl/product/s80/
And the on-wall variety: https://dls.se/home-audio/

P.S.
There are thousands of them and ~zero measurements/data: https://www.ceiling-speakers.co.uk. The 'reviews' are even 'better' than the usual youtube blalala. This one is only 1 minute long and totally worth your time :D

Last edited:

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
HBB on YouTube just released his $40 IEM collab with QKZ.

Here is it’s FR compared to the TruthEar Zero Crinacle collab:
B4F9E54C-8C56-4192-ACC6-0CF64DCB8EB8.jpeg

I like the less energy around the ~2kHz region and the extra bass, but wish the extra bass started around 50Hz and not 100Hz.

As stated, I really like the tonality of my 7Hz Salnotes Zero, better than the Truthear Zero, amazing for $20! I just wish the shell was a different shape (rounded instead of edges).

norman bates

Forum Donor
martin logan xt b100
2-way, 6.5" nomex reinforced kevlar woof and (folded) tweet (amt basically ?)
$800 each at crutchfield

here is a link to its smaller 5.5" brother playing smashing pumpkins

Attachments

• martin logan xt b100.jpg
    martin logan xt b100.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 37

mathman

I would like to suggest Nubert Bookshelf speakers e.g. the NuBox or the pricier NuVero. Thanks for the great reviews!

For the uninitiated:
Nubert is a German speaker manufacturer, selling speakers directly to customers only (direct distribution) - and as far as I know only ship to locations in Europe...

https://www.nubert.de/

(I have a pair of their active studio monitors and absolutely love them!)

A Surfer

Major Contributor
I wonder if this thread has any actual practical function? Unless I am missing something, the only way to get your wishes granted is to send a speaker of your desire to Amir.

ZööZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I wonder if this thread has any actual practical function? Unless I am missing something, the only way to get your wishes granted is to send a speaker of your desire to Amir.
Well Amir does buy gear to measure also , Behringer B2031A comes first to mind. Unfortunately the unit he got was defective and there hasn't been any updates to that review for a year now so no idea if it is going to be measured anytime soon. Sure hope so.

A Surfer

Major Contributor
Well Amir does buy gear to measure also , Behringer B2031A comes first to mind. Unfortunately the unit he got was defective and there hasn't been any updates to that review for a year now so no idea if it is going to be measured anytime soon. Sure hope so.
I know, but really, he buys very few speakers and this thread is full of people making either obscure requests, or expensive speaker requests, neither of which are things Amir is likely to do. This feels like a thread without any point to it at all.

Top Bottom