• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Speakers Would You Like Amir To Measure Next?

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Sokel

Master Contributor
Big Dunlavy's like the SC-VI even no longer in production.
(the sheer size and weight makes it impossible,I can understand that,just wishful thinking)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'd like to see the new Adam A series, A4V and A7V would be great.
They are not yet available. Once they are hopefully I will get one to test.

cavedriver

Thought I posted in this thread before but I just searched and no, so here goes:
Wharfedale:
-EVO 4.2, any other EVOs
-Linton and/or Denton
Monitor Audio:
-Silver and Golds (prefer towers, but any)
Fyne:
-any, but especially their larger towers, 500 and above
Devore:
-any, although the Gibbon models make more sense
PSB:
-any that have the ATC 75mm dome midrange
Something else planar- either higher end Martin Logan's or larger Magnepans since the LRS's proved so crappy but also difficult to test? (or, heaven forbit, actual Quads)
Klipsch Heritage:
-La Scala, Cornwall, or Forte- essentially any of the classic "large horn" designs that you can fit on your test rig to tackle some of the myths and lore around these types of speakers.

Edit: My comment about horns drastically underestimates the complexity of testing horns. For example, the early large Klipsch speakers used exponential horns I think(?) but the current versions are all tractrix horns, while their new reference towers use tractrix horns. Still others, like the Altec Lansings in the Heathkit Legato I inherited use exponential horns but with segmented divisions. Then there are JBL diffraction horns, and constant directivity horns, and what is the short piece of horn on the Fyne's (and Tannoy's) concentric tweeters? I guess it's like the beginning of a constant directivity horn or is it something else?

Could potentially assist by shipping examples to you, contact me directly to discuss

Last edited:

cavedriver

Any of the better Dali speakers, Oberon or above, I believe they are not made in China.
I second that, but would suggest better than Oberon. I've heard the Oberon 1's and while they show promise they felt too compromised, would be more interested in the results from their less price-constrained efforts like the Opticons or better, Rubicon's or Epicon's since they have their ribbon tweeters.

Edit: Oops, the tower Opticons now have ribbon tweeters too.

jbattman1016

I emailed HSU today to see if they would consider sending Amir one. Their response, "I'll forward this over to Dr. Hsu.".

Can't hurt to ask.
Cool. This is a good contender for a center in my system. Between this and the C1, either going three way multi driver of single. ... .....

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
The new Focal Solo6
Screenshot_20220626-164938_Chrome.jpg

cavedriver

kind of tired of tests for powered monitors. It's already been demonstrated that a fairly high level of measured performance can be achieved in a powered monitor from several companies at several price points. Although the more expensive Genelec's seem like a viable "last system" for producing room-filling symphony-accurate sound, I'd like to hear more passive speakers that attempt to accomplish this (as so many fail), or maybe something that could equal or surpass the Genelec's performance and large room sound at an equal or lower price.

audiotron

I would like to see the JBL L100 classic. I tested them with a Rotel and an Arcam amp at Bestbuy. They sounded warm with the Rotel and bright and soft with the Arcam. Both amps retail for over $2500.
The speakers are on my bucket list.

Postlan

ATC SCM25 SCM45 SCM20
They are popular at GrearSpace.com, but there is no measurement I can find.

Top Bottom