• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Speakers Would You Like Amir To Measure Next?

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Each section is 155 pounds - need some strong help to assemble and setup. A buddy of mine used to have the PBN Montana WAS - 525 pounds each. It was very interesting putting those on a pallet for the freight company to pick up when they went to the next owner.

I think this is the challenge. We all know that speakers are the most cost effective upgrade not electronics, but shipping and transporting big speakers is a real challenge so it’s much easier to try to “get the most out of your speakers” when it makes more sense to stick with cheaper electronics and premium speakers.

In the era of local audiophile retailers, maybe this would be a value added service but in the era of shrinking margins and inflation, it’s hard to be a good brick and mortar retailer!

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
I think this is the challenge. We all know that speakers are the most cost effective upgrade not electronics, but shipping and transporting big speakers is a real challenge so it’s much easier to try to “get the most out of your speakers” when it makes more sense to stick with cheaper electronics and premium speakers.

In the era of local audiophile retailers, maybe this would be a value added service but in the era of shrinking margins and inflation, it’s hard to be a good brick and mortar retailer!

That is the problem with heavy speakers and lack of local dealers has been a long term issue. Ironically, there is a Wilson dealer in Melbourne, Florida that will come and set up speakers sold. But the high cost of those speakers guarantees sufficient dealer profit that setup is included. If I read the Genelec site correctly, it appears they will include a setup visit in the first year.

Elder

I can only show you the in room measurements (non corrected) of both, placed in the same spot. Interestingly low end extension is basically the same, so I guess 8340 would extend lower than the KH150, while being cheaper. The biggest difference is between 200-400Hz, there are some peaks in the Neumann, wider dispersion maybe?

View attachment 346996

Much appreciated, interesting to see how similar they measure once the room does its thing.

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Any chance of measuring the Swissonic X8 at all please @amirm ?
If they measure and sound halfway decent they look to be absolutely insane value.

Beave

Major Contributor
I would love to see measurements for the Wharfedale Jade 3.

John Atkinson measured them for Stereophile, as shown here: https://www.stereophile.com/content/wharfedale-jade-3-loudspeaker-measurements

To me, it shows that the entire tweeter level is about 4dB too hot. I briefly owned the little brother Jade 1 and found the same - the tweeter was screamingly hot compared to the midrange. I liked the bass and midrange a lot and was puzzled why they didn't pad the tweeter level down 4-5dB to match the output of the other drivers.

The bigger brother tower Jade 7 has a tweeter level much more consistent with the rest of the drivers: https://www.stereophile.com/content/wharfedale-jade-7-loudspeaker-measurements

dasdoing

Major Contributor
KRK now has a 3" and a 4"
given that the latest series measured rather good for it's price, these could be interesting to look at

GOAUX3-NA_pair_stands_side.png

1707130396653.png

Top Bottom