• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What song details could you only pick up on after an upgrade?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just switched to a new setup (SMSL M300/SH-9) and started noticing details I probably heard, but didn't notice with the last one (Topping E50/L30 II). Which "hidden" subtle parts of songs have you noticed after an upgrade?

Fleetwood Mac 2002 remaster: The F-bomb is dropped right at the beginning before the music starts
"I'll give you all that I got" Micheal Jackson says it as the last line of P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
Someone strums a harp at the last seconds of "Let me be the one" by Expose'

JSmith

Master Contributor
Which "hidden" subtle parts of songs have you noticed after an upgrade?
Many subtle parts and with almost every "upgrade"... we expect it (our brains), but doesn't mean anything has changed much if at all, as I'm sure you know.

JSmith

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Harp pedals.

1681701074677.jpeg

images

OP
Dunring

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep, I've heard them at much louder volume levels than the conservative levels I use these days. Also switched to the Truthear Crinnacle Zero IEM's which help as well.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
very high pitched sweep like tone acompining these 12 tones

now I can hear it even on a phone, but I first noticed it on compression drivers

Top Bottom