• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What size Chassis do you prefer your Amplifier to be ...the standard 19 inch rack mount ?

forss

What size Chassis do you prefer your Amplifier to be ...the standard 19 inch rack mount ?

For Home use and not desktop Audio

Me I like the look of the 19" rack mount with handles......old school like my old B&K ST140

Attachments

• amp.png
    amp.png
    173 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Standard 19"? Not exactly, but I do prefer 17" which is 19" with out the mounting slots and handles.

What is kind of dumb is 19" components without the mounting slots ... like my Sonic Frontiers preamp ....

gi.mpl

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
For amplifiers destined to be mounted in a standard 19-in relay rack, standard 19 in width and notching certainly helps. For all the others rack shelves work.

iMickey503

Forum Donor
I like the Rack Mount Form Factor. Why? Nothing looks better than having your gear mounted in a Steller looking server rack. It also works as Shielding as well for your gear. You can also use it to keep your Noisy gear silent from your room. And provide cooling as well while still keeping your listening space quiet.

I'm collecting my Dream setup being an Xserve to be my Media Server and music source. Some Mods for tasteful lighting in the case such as VU meters for the vents.

Jobs was a guy who knew what looked good in a server rack or studio.
8e913WdOop6I0HpjUDIJH17mXYdgVs0snIUjtKdKhX8.jpg
SEXY!
And I have been a BIG Iron kind of guy all my life.

DAC would of course be some kind of Firewire unit. If there was ever a Audio Interface with Super low Latency? Firewire man. 1394 Baby! That's my style.

The other nice thing is that you can keep out dust. So your gear stays clean. Those of you with Cats, dogs, dusty environments or have hairy visitors may appreciate this.

The other great thing is that if you need to move you gear? Or keep it safe at Parties? The Coors Light Bandit may never have a chance to mess up your gear. Coors light and Electronics don't jive so well. Neither does wine for you Fancy Lads!

tumblr_p1aha4O9lS1qmob6ro1_500.gifv
001a060b-3866-457c-9d5b-7b13c6e9c02c_text.gif

cropped-cabin-boy5.jpg

There is just something that looks amazing when you rack mount your AV gear. Besides. Gene from Audioholics would way Approve! And what better way to put your Home theater gear in. Lets be honest, the days of having only 5 channels in your home theater systems is a LONG LONG time ago. There is some dude out there with aspirations of 24.1.10

Whatever you prefer, just glad there are choices for everyone out there.

novice

19" and a eurocard based audio system. Have liked a module based system approach for years.

And now with high-power amps & small form factor supporting components it's completely viable.

CroppedImage1120700-4U-84HP-cropped.jpg

Top Bottom