• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What settings in win 10 sound device control panel for tidal mqa?

Oukkidoukki

Ookey, hello.....so there you can choose 16bit or 24bit, then 44khz, 96khz and so on......does this even matter? I chose 24bit 96khz......i do software mqa in tidal cause my dac ain`thave it......smsl sanskrit pro.............now i heard that tidal mqa original file is actually 24bit 48khz....should i use that instead?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OK, you need to configure the app so that it does NOT use the standard audio path in Windows. That standard path converts everything to one sample rate which is not ideal since you will be playing both CD music at 44.1 khz and as you say Tidal at other rates (which can go up to 96 kHz in this instance).

Instead, you need to configure Tidal to use "WASAPI" interface. Here is an article I found in searching that shows how: https://inspiringheadphones.com/are-you-getting-the-best-out-of-tidal-hifi

OP
O

Oukkidoukki

Thanks amirm! I check the link. Thank you for the great dac rewievs, have been reading them a lot.....very helpful.

TechnoMax

I tried to follow the links but to no avail. I try to bring my brand new ifi Zen DAC to show my anything elso than green for standard bit rates (under Windows 10 1909 via USB 3.0). I can play everything from 24/96 files up to DSD without any problems, but they obviously do not reach the Zen in Hires Format or the display does not work correctly.
(I have installed the iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio Driver 3.20 from ifi, have even installed *not* the latest firmware but "only" ver. 5.3)
Where can I look whether something is misconfigured?

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
Instead, you need to configure Tidal to use "WASAPI" interface. Here is an article I found in searching that shows how: https://inspiringheadphones.com/are-you-getting-the-best-out-of-tidal-hifi

Well I tried that and it crashed to blue screen - twice! :confused:

The only times my PC has blue screened since I put it together about 6 months ago.

Works OK like this:

1589697668191.png

Listening to various tracks, the sound quality is all over the place, just as it is with CDs.

Nice.
1589697977439.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom