• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Sennheiser 800 series should I get?

tsanguine

Forum Donor
If I am always planning to use EQ, what 800 series Sennheiser should I get? I only buy used and prefer to spend less money if there is little to no difference after EQ.

Currently using:
Sennheiser HD 6XX
Sony 1000XM3
Aeon2 closed with perforated pads
Fostex T-X0 with Mod House mods and ZMF pads
Focal Elear
Koss KPH40 Utility
Koss Porta Pros
Grado SR125 with TTVJ flat pads

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
If possible you should try them for yourself, especially since you already have several different pairs and you're probably looking-for something specific (or specifically different).

It also helps to check comfort (to you).

If you can't try them, what are you looking for? What's wrong with the headphones you have?

staticV3

Master Contributor
The original HD 800 is selling on eBay for $750-800. That's the one I'd buy.

OP
tsanguine

tsanguine

Forum Donor
Is comfort greatly varied between the different 800 models? I don't have an opportunity to test each model very easily. Let alone at the same time. One of the great things about purchasing used means that I can typically sell it for the same or near the same price I purchased it at. I'm looking to experience the sound field that the 800 series produces for the lowest cost. Unless there is a big difference in what can be accomplished with EQ between each model. If the 8XX with EQ sounds very close to an 800 S with EQ then there would be no reason for me to get the 800 S.

Nothing is wrong with the headphones I have. Just want to try something else mainly and have heard great things about what the 800 series has to offer.

Top Bottom