• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What pets have you had? Post pics of your pets, previous or now. Why do I love my pet so much?

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Neighbor had a humongous Anatolian Shepherd, but looked to be slightly different than Bulut [<<cool name, btw].
Per Wikipedia, there supposed to be a subtle difference between the Anatolian and the Kangal shepherds [<<which are not really a shepherding breed].:oops:
Anatolian Shepherd Dog is the name used in the United States to describe dogs descended from regional Turkish livestock guardian dogs, particularly the Kangal...
imo; sounds like the Kangal is the original issue...

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Neighbor had a humongous Anatolian Shepherd, but looked to be slightly different than Bulut [<<cool name, btw].
Per Wikipedia, there supposed to be a subtle difference between the Anatolian and the Kangal shepherds [<<which are not really a shepherding breed].:oops:

imo; sounds like the Kangal is the original issue...
Kangals are shephard dogs. I can assure you that. I saw them all over the mountains of Turkey, shepherding. That’s were I learned about them.

There’s a confusion in the breeding world between US and UK on the names, Anatolian and Kangal. That’s why I used both names.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Kangals are shephard dogs.
You are making me lose more faith in wikipedia:(
It makes a differentiation between "shepherding" breeds from "guarding" dogs. It states that they hang with the sheep (guarding?) rather than herding them in the fields. >> I am NOT arguin'... just sayin'!

BTW: I had to try 3 times before getting the right spelling for that word (shepard, sheperd, shephered, shepherd)

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You are making me lose more faith in wikipedia:(
It makes a differentiation between "shepherding" breeds from "guarding" dogs. It states that they hang with the sheep (guarding?) rather than herding them in the fields. >> I am NOT arguin'... just sayin'!

BTW: I had to try 3 times before getting the right spelling for that word (shepard, sheperd, shephered)
I’m not a shephard hence wouldn’t know the difference between guarding and shepherding. All I know is that those are the only dogs you find up in the mountains of Anatolia around lots of sheep :)

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bladder snail:
schnecke1.jpg

Three Macropodus concolor females:
macropodus.concolor-3-females.jpg
DSC00788.JPG

Two flies, making sweet, sweet love:
IMG_20190723_203759.jpg
IMG_20190723_203848.jpg

Strange plant that grows on my balcony:
IMG_20200715_184131.jpg
IMG_20200715_184122.jpg

One of my plant soups:
IMG_20200105_192303.jpg

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
After the handsome boy, how about my princess? She was even called accordingly: Victoria

C0867A6F-EB8A-489D-BAFD-2C352C71B80A.jpeg
81C8B1D7-901E-45FE-810F-9960265DA5C5.jpeg

1807CA16-6DAB-4379-B0E8-5E664A040E21.jpeg

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Always been a cat person. I’ll post up some photos when I have a chance to convert them from my phone.
We have 4 feral-born beasts right now. All born by the same queen, 2 different litters, 1 year apart.
Fairly certain the father was different.
We started feeding the Mom, Lucky, a feral Calico who came along and was hunting in our yard and garden when she was just past being a true kitten, still pretty small.
She didn’t really want to get to know us. Lucky will occasionally sniff our finger when we feed her, but will absolutely not tolerate any attempt at touching. Roughly 1 year older than our beasts, she sadly is showing signs of nose cancer and has recently lost an eye.
We trapped her once after the third litter of kittens and got her fixed. She will not go near a trap now.
And so we care for her as best we can, respecting her right to exist as she wants. There is plenty of food here when she comes along, and sometimes she shelters under our breezeway, deck or under the little house our landlord built for his second wife.
Otherwise, she lives in a hay shed next door, I think.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
There was a litter in between, but Lucky only brought them by here, once.
However, 1 year after Iggy and Poppy were brought to us, Lucky came back with these:
IMG_1781.jpeg

We affectionately called them the Hooligans. :)

The Calico kitten (Kali) escaped when we tried capturing her to get fixed. The black kitten (Lil Jax) had a neurological issue chalked up to wasting kitten syndrome and had to be put down (we tried saving her but she just wouldn't come around fully.) :(

Lucky we got fixed, along with the other two who subsequently adopted us.
Marmalade:
IMG_3834.jpeg

And Sparq:
IMG_2784.jpeg

And that's the Kitty family. :)

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
His name is Elwood…he lives with his brother Jake. They are 75% Blue Abyssinian (Blues Brothers) and 25% Siamese. And great temperament.

They are my best buddies.

Top Bottom