• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What personal computer do you use?

What is the Operating System do you use

• Total voters

sq225917

Major Contributor
Windows ten on a high spec gaming laptop, never played a game on it, I use it for cad, 3d and photo work.

Honken

And, that you have no idea about MacOS.
In what way is Måns wrong? You could take a look at this list for a hint as to why I'm asking. I personally doubt that Tiger of all releases have a major userbase today.

For what it is worth, in my limited experience Mac users seem to be rather happy upgrading to the latest version supported by their hardware.

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In what way is Måns wrong? You could take a look at this list for a hint as to why I'm asking. I personally doubt that Tiger of all releases have a major userbase today.

For what it is worth, in my limited experience Mac users seem to be rather happy upgrading to the latest version supported by their hardware.
I did explained that it should read Tiger or later but forum software doesn’t allow me to edit. Tiger is the first MacOS that runs only on Intel Macs.

Zensō

Major Contributor
You said you use iPads along Macs, in other words you said you use Macs and the poll has that as an option.

I do not understand the repeated critics. I explained that the forum software does not allow me to change the options, however that I asked admin’s help.

Meanwhile, you have the option to ignore the post or create your own complete poll.
There’s no need to get defensive. I wasn’t being critical at all, just trying to provide the information you requested. I’ll bow out now.

Honken

I did explained that it should read Tiger or later but forum software doesn’t allow me to edit. Tiger is the first MacOS that runs only on Intel Macs.
Sorry, I missed your edit. I understand your intent now and that makes sense.

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have three PCs and two tablets, and the survey doesn't allow more than two votes.

Main laptop is Windows 10, but too old to run W11.
I have a laptop on my workbench for REW and other test software running W7, as that's the last OS that has drivers for the Lexicon interface I use for measurements. I also have a laptop still on XP, as that's the last OS that has drivers for my Digigram VX Pocket sound card that I use for live recording, and for S-PDIF I/O.
My tablets run W10 and can't be updated to W11, so they'll stay on W10 unless Microsoft relax the updating requirements.

S

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Zek

Major Contributor
Your thread title is

but voting title is

those are two completely different things.

Zek

Major Contributor
... also Macintosh Power PC and Macintosh M1are not an operating systems. ;)

Last edited:
OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Your thread title is

but voting title is

those are two completely different things.

So? Vote as it says, comment as it says.

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
... also Macintosh M1 is not an operating system. ;)
Not that there are different OS that can run on it.

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
2018 Mac Mini. Might get the refresh Mac mini with M1 cores soon.

Top Bottom