• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
Bought a Topping DAC. Defective, returned. Bought a SMSL DAC. Defective, Returned. Bought a Shittt DAC. Works fine. Bought a JDS tone control, not that it was reviewed, but as I had ever heard of them, ASR led me to them making them "responsible".

cirss

Forum Donor
Topping D90 and A90. Later 2x Topping E30 for other rooms. Very happy, especially for bucks/performance ratio for E30.

fløyen

Chromecast Audio
Apple USB-C to 3.5mm dongle
+1
Was also interested in the Klipsch. CCA is sometimes on offer "refurbished" from 1-day here in NZ. That's where I got mine! Works a treat with my Vortexbox via Squeezer. Was not impressed that you needed to go to Premium to play music off YT Music, compared with the Chromecast you plug in the telly which doesn't have this restriction. Well, guess you can always cast off an Android phone if desired.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Lurker here, but finally joined the Forum. Purchase influence on several recent buys:

Denon 8500h
Bluesound Node 2i
Schiit Modi 3+

‘Pending purchase: Buckeye 4 channel Amp.

swarley

I ordered a plain old Modi3+ and Heresy stack along with a pair of DT 770 Pro to start. Probably going to order HD6XX once I get the hang of things.. Thanks so much @amirm for all your hard work and everyone who shares all of their experience and opinions here.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I got my NAD C272 restored-modded by Peter at Quirk Audio after reading Amir’s NAD 2200 review.

I got it back last month and now it’s threatening to permanently displace my trusty Bryston 4B-ST. So completely surpassing what I expected!

buz

Forum Donor
Qudelix 5K

Did NOT buy Focal clear.

Awaiting for reviews of Hifiman arya (either that or hd800s it will be) and (maybe) khadas tone 2 pro

m_g_s_g

Forum Donor
My 2020 last acquisitions:

One brand new golfing panther:
  • Qudelix 5K
Three happily-lounging panthers:
One not yet tested item (time for a new “guilty pleasure” category panther?):
  • Bose QC35 II (great in a noisy environment!)
I’m very happy with all the stuff. Thank you for all the great/hard work, Amir!

Time for me for a break now to enjoy the Music.

EDIT: Now I see that the KH80 received a happily-lounging panther as well.

Last edited:

gfinlays

Soncoz LA-XQD1, but it was glitching regularly, so I returned it and bought a Topping DX7 Pro. Won't buy another DAC/headphone amp until it does.

groovybassist

Forum Donor
Tom Christiansen Audio (TCA) HPA-1 headphone amp
Neurochrome Modulus-286 amplifier built by Tom Christiansen

@tomchr

Sombreuil

Topping L30. Could have been more lucky but at least I have a point of comparison now.

Top Bottom