• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Not a thing. I have enough HiFi equipment to fill several shops and several lifetimes.

This is our latest very expensive purchase. 8 weeks old Bernese Mountain Dog. Say hello to Bosley. (Boz/Boz Man/Mr B whatever)
DSC_0307.JPG

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Not a thing. I have enough HiFi equipment to fill several shops and several lifetimes.

This is our latest very expensive purchase. 8 weeks old Bernese Mountain Dog. Say hello to Bosley. (Boz/Boz Man/Mr B whatever)
View attachment 53000

Ok...that's ridiculously adorable.
Beautiful puppy...long and healthy life to him.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
No great stories so far.
  • Indirectly: HiFiMan HE400i. (I found Solderdude's website via ASR, which helped me with this purchase.)
  • I decided not to try to upgrade my Grace Design SDAC after seeing the measurements and realizing that putting premium dollars into a DAC for my work system -- where my amp + speakers are pretty low budget -- wouldn't make any difference.

But I have my eye on either a Sabaj D5 or [DAC tbd] + Monoprice THX 887 amp combo for my living room system based on everything I've read here.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
JBL 708p's and 705p's, oh and the 306p mk2's.
Topping. D70, D50s, Dx3 pro
JDS Atom
SMSL M500
Etymotic er4sr

And I just finished ordering something I never thought I'd order...a piece of Schiit...

Freya S

Edit:
Minidsp ddrc-88d
Udio8

Last edited:

jhwalker

Curious to what degree people use ASR reviews and feedback from the ASR community before buying gear.

For me personally I picked up a JDS Atom, a Topping D30 and a MOTU audio interface based on reviews. The newly reviewed Revel speakers look tempting as well, of course I have no need for them whatsoever.

I STOPPED buying as a result of reading ASR ... as I confirmed most of my existing gear was already performing pretty optimally, and I didn't really "need" better :)

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

VeerK

SMSL M500, Topping D90, Douk Audio XLR switch, lots of Pink Panther figures

AVKS

Looking hard at a Klipsch Powergate for a desktop setup. It already fit the size profile but very glad to see the rest of the story.

TimW

Major Contributor
Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, Topping D10, Topping DX7s, Yamaha P-3500S, KTB, Objective 2 amp, MiniDSP DDRC-24, Paradigm PW Link, MiniDSP SHD, Geshelli Labs Archel2, NAD C 320BEE, Allo Boss, Pioneer SP-BS22-LR.

xykreinov

Forum Donor
MiniDSP IL-DSP. Not because of any ASR review of it, rather, what I've learned in general here made me decide on the purchase. It provides so much utility for my use-case, to the point where I don't think there's any other product that'll provide even 3 parts of its utility at the same time (how many there are in the IL-DSP's case would be a long story).

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hidizs S8.

NoMoFoNo

Topping D50s, Modi 3, am in the process of moving away from phono and becoming a streamer. It is no exaggeration to estimate that this site and its denizens will likely save me many thousands of dollars in coming years. ASR is an audio-witchery spell-breaker.

Top Bottom