• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

GaryY

Forum Donor
- Boxem 4215/E2
- Eversolo DMP-A8 --> minidsp SHD
- Revel F226Be
- Arendal 1961 1S
- UMIK-1

If I buy something more, those will be carpet at first and diffusor or absorber...I need better room than better gear now.

Last edited:

boxerfan88

On top of the Neumanns, now include Topping DM7

MTZ

I have been following ASR for a few years now.
Reading the reviews and posts saved me from buying snake oil products and poor measuring audio equipment.

I had a nice mediocre systeem with a separate dac, class d mono amplifiers, passive preamp, an old pair of B&W matrix 802 S2 speakers and a was streaming music from an old pc with an I2S card (which i bought before ASR).
For me this was all ok and sounded good to me.

At the end of 2023 we moved to another house where i have a smaller listening room.
I did setup my old systeem which was ok. At this time i had the "financial luck" to look for a new system. While i was hesitating my wife told me to just do it.

After all the years on ASR and reading about room correction i was lucky to to buy a Genelec system.
Their outstanding customer service and support and off course outstanding GLM system made me do it.

I bought a pair of 8361 monitors, a 7360 apm subwoofer (its a small room) and a 9320a reference monitor controller. So now i am all digital.

I am very happy with this system which is "end game" for me. I never thought that there could be such a difference.

I was always enjoying listening my music but now even so much more.

So i want to thank ASR for their contribution in my happiness.

Mark

Platypus20

Forum Donor
My luck hasn’t been so good, I bought 2 SMSL-SU1 dacs, the first one failed after about 7-10 days and the second failed after 5-6 hours. Never again will I buy equipment without a clear defined warranty/service network.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My luck hasn’t been so good, I bought 2 SMSL-SU1 dacs, the first one failed after about 7-10 days and the second failed after 5-6 hours. Never again will I buy equipment without a clear defined warranty/service network.
I made sure to have fallback in that I bought from JDS Labs and Schiit. Both are on the same continent as me, shipping is fast and easy, we have little to no trade barriers between The USA and Canada, I like the people and the 2 year full warranty is great. The experience has been very professional and sets a standard by which others could follow.

scrubb

Forum Donor
Based upon reviews here:
Schiit Modi+
Schiit Magni Heretic
Schiit Mani 2
Topping D10s
Douk Audio U2
Ayima A07 (x2)
Allo Boss2 Player (x2)
Roon
Buckeye 2 channel Nc502MP
Panasonic DP-UB9000
Parts Express C-Note speakers
Wiim Mini
Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED

Based on reviews of other things here which led me to these:
Anthem MRX540 (AVM 70)
Blue Jeans Cables & WBC cables (ultra expensive cable tests)

Based on reviews from other reputable websites:
Monoprice THX 365C center channel speaker (Erins audio Corner)
Monoprice THX satellites (Erins Audio Corner)
Anthem MRX540 (MRX1140 test on Audioholics)

Disposed of because of reviews here:
NAD T758 V3
SMSL M500 (1st gen)
Bluesound Node 2i

I've got a vintage Adcom GFA555 I'd like to send to Amir for testing at some point to see if its measurements merit its reputation.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've got a vintage Adcom GFA555 I'd like to send to Amir for testing at some point to see if its measurements merit its reputation.
Man alive! Please do send it to @amirm. That is a great piece of gear that would create a huge amount of people reading the test review and commenting on it.

Mikig

SMSL DO100
SMSL DO300
SMSL PO100PRO
I bought the 100PRO just to try the much vaunted I2S output... but surely its next role will be as a USB interface between the computer and an old DAC that I own which doesn't have it.

tuskenraider

Revel F208
Audiophonics Hypex NC502MP based amp.
Truthear RED IEM - nozzles too big for my ears though.
Topping DX5 DAC

oceansize

Forum Donor
Dan Clark Audio E3 that I am very, very happy with. Hence the Forum Donor badge over there <---

Top Bottom