• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is your stance on Chinese brand Hi-fi equipment

What is your stance

• I had no, and have no interest in buying Chinese Hifi equipment

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • I am watching, waiting for a good sale

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am watching, waiting for a better device in the future

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • I have bought at least one, and will buy more in the future

Votes: 117 68.0%
  • I have bought at least one, and will never buy again

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • I am already fully Chinese Hifi equipped

Votes: 19 11.0%

• Total voters

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
The interests seem huge, but I wonder what's the consensus, are they actually popular or just we are led to believe?

I think the Chinese brands have shown great expertise in the market segment of desktop DAC + headphone amp combos.

I still have a few concerns about product reliability (have those about a lot of non-Chinese brands too), but if I ever want to buy a serious desktop setup, the Shenzhen gang seems like an undisputed source of goodness.

Of course, they also have tragicomical woodoo brands like Audio-GD.

I honestly don't care about the "nationality" of audio product. Give me well built and good looking products with great performance and high reliability + professional customer support, and the particular spot on the globe, where a handful of Homo sapiens manufactured the thing, becomes a moot point.

Top Bottom