• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is your main OS (operating system) at home?

What is your main OS (operating system) at home?

• Total voters

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think I may have wrongly worded my historical iTunes challenges.
That (Windows7 installer - Properties>>Details) screen-capture was for the last version of iTunes installation attempts, circa 2010 (not 2023).
No doubt that Apple has the best software minds in the industry.
Yet (imo) it is unforgivable of intentionally releasing such inexcusable software, while snarkily admitting that they "were aware of the problem".
At that time (circa 2010), I was fully aware that many other Windows users were having the same exact problem, as I was witnessing, for at least 18 months (w/o exaggeration).
Intentional? Conspiracy? Paranoia?

I hope now you can fully understand the background of my original question in post #354.
A dozen years old issue is difficult to understand.

Samuelsmash

Over 100 people have voted linux and no one has done the usual? That's weird.

Here we go:
TbMfUJS.png

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
Over 100 people have voted linux and no one has done the usual? That's weird.

Here we go:
TbMfUJS.png

I transitioned to Linux Mint for most of our home computers. However, I don’t think there’s anything here less than 10 years old to really show off. Heck, my daily driver is a 2012 macbook air (4GB ram) with LMDE. Changed the batteries and thermal paste and it works fast enough for most everything I want to use it for… I’ve managed to use JRiver, rePhase, REW, VituixCAD, and miniDSP on them fine. It’s more limited than my Windows 10 PC (which is rarely used now) in terms of certain software — and I’ve had to create some workarounds — but I’ve been able to cope with most of my major annoyances. I will be keeping my old Windows 10 PC as a backup for certain things. Hmmmn… I’ll probably skip Windows 11 altogether.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Microsoft forced my hand and I finally had to step-up to a Z790 Intel rig. Just so that I can upgrade to Win11Pro, from a Z170 Win10Pro.:mad:
First customization of importance was relocating the @#$% TaskBar to where it belongs:
Extreme left-side of the left 27" monitor which together stretches to 47inches (horizontally), instead of taking up the bottom of (either) monitor, that is only 13inches in height!
StartIsback is a good enough utility for allowing Win10-type taskbar positioning features within Win11 GUI.
[yey!]

Top Bottom