• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

what is your definitive and dream speaker that you would have?

Dougey_Jones

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Whatever the current TOTL Revel Salon series tower is my dream speaker and has been for quite a while.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If I were a billionaire, I imagine I'd probably own KEF Metas, in one flavor or another. But I'm not a billionaire.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Some expensive Ino Audio floorstanders plus 2-4 bas modules. To make it complete I'd add many surround speakers plus center speaker.
Room would be built for this purpose. A few examples, really serious constructions

InoAudio_Bamsefar_001.jpg

i32s.jpg

20131022_153353_zpsvdlmnqhf.jpg
file.php

And possibly my favorite
619dc1440407a2b52b6609bcb66c6005.jpg

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
As ancient as they are I would be interested in a pair of Infinity Reference Standard IRS. I like a good thump and after lotsa time with the Infinity Kappa 9's that have some pretty good slam/thump I can imagine the IRS would be awesome too. :D
maxresdefault.jpg

legacy_irs.png

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
MBL 101E radialstrahlers
Devore Fidelity O Reference
Joseph Audio Pearl 3 Graphene

(Based on my familiarity with the brands or having heard them)

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't dwell on it much, but would depend a lot on the room I could put it in. I'd probably lean to good commercial stuff....the silly aesthetically oriented (and often fails at) overpriced audiophile crap doesn't appeal whatsoever.

Frgirard

Major Contributor
Since 2016.

Marc v E

Major Contributor
To me there is no definitive end speaker, not because it's out of reach, but because it's an illusion. My current speakers are the best I've heard. They consist of the B&O beolab 9 and the genelec 8030. When I listen to the 8030 they are my endgame. I feel the same when I listen to the beolab 9's. When I listen nothing else matters.

(I'm sure I'll change/upgrade my speakers when they are end of life. And that I'll change a preamp or a bluray to 4k or a tv to oled 4k, but it doesn't mean a thing on the scale of enjoyment. Just a quick flash of satisfaction when there's an upgrade and then that's the new normal.)

chips666

To me there is no definitive end speaker Just a quick flash of satisfaction when there's an upgrade and then that's the new normal.
+1
;)
Enjoy...

Last edited:

Kegemusha

1st I would need a bigger room for bigger speakers if I would dream about big speakers, but maybe I would like to test the Genelecs, I had som old ones that I borrowed for my office some years ago and sounded amazing, I needed to returned them back. I have some Bouchards at home that I am happy with, were my dream speakers 2 years ago.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Admittedly I don't spend much time dreaming about speakers that are financially unobtainable and wouldn't suit my actual listening space. I tend to "dream" more about attainable products that would work in my listening room.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
My obvious choice is not that unattainable (by this I only mean they sell in my town ;) ). It's KEF Reference 3 (with Meta material and in this colour):
1663143244139.png

Came to realize that in my setup, bookshelves don't occupy less space and since my listening room is downwards of medium, I might even like them without subs (not saying subs wouldn't help).

My less obvious choice and something almost impossible to have might come as a surprise (shipping costs alone would kill any initiative). It would be these concave BMR's by Mr @Dennis Murphy

bmr-jr-black.jpg

Sure, they list on his page for 1900$, but shipping to Croatia is simply too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: ENG

Bleib

Major Contributor
Wouldn't say no to this system. Ino Audio i32s mainspeakers, and those alone would be fine for me. Ino Audio i16s as center speaker. It's high-end in itself.
8x Peerless Discovery 12” for the lowest frequencies, but the mainspeakers do fine without this colossal help as said.
This brand always has a goal of neutral and clean sound. Nothing else would suffice.
22660-FFD-10-C7-486-A-88-D4-3000-DC307-B4-C.jpg

Last edited:

Adi777

Pretty easy
Did you listen to them?

Just a quick flash of satisfaction when there's an upgrade and then that's the new normal.)
Nice written, and I guess it's true.

My ultimate speaker?
I have no idea because I haven't listened to enough speakers. Certainly something neutral, but they probably do not have to be perfectly equal - if at all possible, a large one - I like large loudspeakers, dynamic - does this word make any sense in the case of speakers?

Last edited:
Top Bottom