• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is your daily job ? ... any hobbies ?

AudioSQ

I started to feel like a beauty pageant girl answering questions.. seemed like the thing to say.

vibess

IT consultant for 25+ years and counting. Never get tired of learning new stuff. Worked with email systems mostly i guess, trying to shift into cybersecurity if I can get my ass off and get some certifications..

Hobbies.. Fishtanks used to be a one, most addictive hobby ever, lacking time and energy to restart it. Audio, music, some gaming from time to time.

THW

Forum Donor
no job but i got into a university, term starts in about a few months time.

hobbies include playing Deep Rock Galactic, sometimes Doom Eternal and also reading LOTR and The Silmarillion. i also enjoy some light viewing and reading on the history of small arms.

THW

Forum Donor
It is 50 years since I read them! I have an LP of "The Silmarillion" narrated by Tolkien's son Christopher somewhere.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

oh yes, yes I do.

I like them both so much that after I borrowed and returned those two books, I bought my own copies and have re-read them

Pennyless Audiophile

IT as an enterprise architect, hobbies beside audio, military history and YouTube.
But I feel like a man of the Renaissance, I am interested in everything not obvious, and almost everything is not obvious if you look up close.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
oh yes, yes I do.

I like them both so much that after I borrowed and returned those two books, I bought my own copies and have re-read them
... like I did several times after I bought them some 35+ years ago. Last time I read the English original I found in the bookshelves of my wife ...

You may like Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Children Of Huron. You may also like George Martin's A Song Of Ice And Fire book series. Maybe even Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games Trilogy.

Colonel7

Addicted to Fun and Learning
oh yes, yes I do.

I'm going on 40 years of reading The Fellowship of the Ring each Sept/Oct. I guess that's very nerdy

THW

Forum Donor
I'm going on 40 years of reading The Fellowship of the Ring each Sept/Oct. I guess that's very nerdy

not entirely LOTR, but the tale of the children of Húrin gets me every single time... the feels

THW

Forum Donor
... like I did several times after I bought them some 35+ years ago. Last time I read the English original I found in the bookshelves of my wife ...

You may like Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Children Of Huron. You may also like George Martin's A Song Of Ice And Fire book series. Maybe even Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games Trilogy.

I’ve actually read The Hobbit already, I quite like it but not enough for me to go out and buy it especially since I was a bit tight on money and basically had to pick and choose which one I would buy. Also doesn’t help that I also recently ordered Chassepot to FAMAS since I wanted reference material for French military rifles and that cost me quite a bit of money

for the others you mentioned I have not read, I will likely borrow them first to see where I’m at assuming I find the time haha

Bastia

I'm a web developer, all things browser: CSS, JS, HTML. Working mostly on the front-end aspect, user interfaces, accessibility and everything that comes with it. Currently working at a company on a digital healthcare system.

nerdstrike

Computational chemist turned software dev, currently engaged in the COVID monitoring effort.

I play the piano as often as possible, used to dance quite a bit. Feeling very boring and diminished by the last year and a half :(

Trailblazin

I'm a CS Student, audio is a side-hobby that came from my gaming. My current study revolves around AI.

My big hobbies are martial arts, reading manga/fantasy literature and , more recently, learning guitar.

RHO

Major Contributor
My daily job: analog layout engineer
Hobbies: powerlifting, listening to music, reading epic fantasy books, watching movies, going for walks, chilling out.

Last edited:

cookiefactory

Forum Donor
In software development. A lot of hobbies that I rotate through, with audio being one. Others include reading, weight-lifting, house plants, gaming & computer hardware, cryptocurrencies, software side projects, etc. Also a few dormant ones like photography which I'd like to get back into but just haven't felt any motivation for yet (been in the doldrums since selling my Nikkor 70-200).

Dogen

Forum Donor
I'm a physicist doing experimental research in superconducting quantum bits and teaching. Pushing 70 and still having fun!
But we’re not almost 70 unless we look, right?

snaimpally

By day, I am a patent attorney (I have degrees in Mathematics and in Computer Science). I mostly write software-related patent applications but have done a few audio-related patents including DSP, headphones, speakers.

For a hobby, I play tabla, East Indian hand percussion. I have played many different grenres of music. I have recorded in recording studios. I have some of my performances uploaded at www.youtube.com/shivnaimpally
I'm also a part-time photographer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom