• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

What is your daily job ? ... any hobbies ?

Software engineer (with a love for many languages - I spent the last 12 years having written production code in Python, Ruby, Haskell, Clojure, Go and Javascript), though of late my role has moved towards more managerial/people duties vs being purely hands on.

I cook and bake a lot in my free time, and immerse in math (papers, puzzles). And of course, listening to music while I'm at it!

Sgt. Ear Ache

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Been in retail my entire working life from 18 till now at 53. The past 2 decades I've been working for my younger brother - he owns a biz dealing in wheelchair and mobility equipment.

As far as hobbies aside from the audio thing I play guitar, on and off comic book geek, also into old school tabletop rpgs, long-time computer/video game fan since the mid 70s, also a fan of "weird" pulp fiction (Lovecraft, etc)

mlee

Electrical Engineer, involved with the design and manufacture of field data loggers (ADCs readings while saving data locally).

Audio has been a fun hobby and great platform to design my own custom boards for the non-standard audio application. Like the sports squash and badminton but tough to get our on court safely these days so probably back to audio :).

This is a very diverse crowd!

EJ3

Forum Donor
@House de Kris When I heard the result of finishing off the snakes plaguing you, then literally rats infesting the place as substitutes, spilled a bit of my drink.
Was that an ADULT LIBATION? If so: you are guilty of alcohol abuse. The sentence: more practice.

anon2k2

Forum Donor
My career is in finance. I've worked for private equity and public finance for government agencies. I do some management/finance consulting on the side.

Other than audio my hobbies are music in general, I play the piano, love going to concerts of all types. I run marathons, I have photography as another stupidly expensive hobby where everyone argues about gear. I like great Scotch and Bourbon, great restaurants and wine. Oh, and the wife and I like to travel quite a bit.

I discovered ASR in the spring and it's been a lot of fun.

Basically, I am a social scientist, working on evaluating public policies.
I like hiking, especially in the mountains. And I train a lot. Both running and cycling. I do a lot of photography. I read quite a lot, like to watch movies and of course listen to a lot of music.

Blumlein 88

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Daily job - NASA Rocket Scientist

Hobbies - Songwriter, Musician (keyboards, drums, guitar, bass guitar), Musclecars, Travelling, Spending time with the grandson (newest hobby)
Which rockets, and which muscle cars? If the cars are Oldsmobiles they might be rockets too.

Svperstar

I do IT in the finance industry. My main hobby outside of headphones is mountain biking. I have been going on night rides with lights on my helmet and handlebars its a great hobby I recommend it.

PSO

Forum Donor
Daily job - I work as a technical writer for a company that makes networking devices like switches and routers (how to configure features using command line, etc).

Hobbies - Occasionally, I write poems and short stories. I wrote one novel 2 yrs back, but didn't proceed to editing/proof reading it. I listen to music and read books (fiction, nonfiction) too.

Top Bottom