• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is this new forum layout? Test.

Do you like the new forum layout?

• Yes, I like the new layout

Votes: 50 57.5%
  • No, I don't like it.

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Bring back squared avatars at least?

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 21 24.1%

• Total voters

XpanD

Forum Donor
Looks good to me, everything's definitely a bit more modern now. I feel like some of the text is a bit sharper at my 250% zoom level, too. Good stuff.

EDIT: Likes in the little user sidebar on messages do appear to be missing, though.

EDIT2: It's also showing me as online and showing my current activity, despite me having turned off both in my profile privacy settings? Looks like it's ignoring the privacy section entirely.

Last edited:

Anon4273

I like the new layout although the preview might need a small adjustment to be able to see device.

Mattw

Staff Member
EDIT2: It's also showing me as online and showing my current activity, despite me having turned off both in my profile privacy settings? Looks like it's ignoring the privacy section entirely.
It doesn't, you can see your own online status, but it doesn't show you online. Open the site incognito, and you will see that you can't be seen.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Overall looks OK.

Except for... this:
Screenshot_20210921-122749.png

:facepalm:

hege

Forum Donor
Uh what even changed, it's still normal Xenforo? Or did you only now manage to upgrade to 2.2? Just restore the square avatars please. :)

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Emotion react smileys, yay! lol :D

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I though this was based on drupal, it turned out it's not.

Now there is a reaction score! That can be fun... :p

Where is the preview?
Its on a tab in the right corner.

Where is the LaTeX rendering engine?

Last edited:

XpanD

Forum Donor
It doesn't, you can see your own online status, but it doesn't show you online. Open the site incognito, and you will see that you can't be seen.
Seems like it was fixed? It was showing everyone's statuses when I posted that. (could also click into other people's profiles to see what pages they were watching)

Either that or everyone I checked had their stuff public, and I was getting what you described for my own profile. That could be it now that I think about it, although the old software did not do that from what I remember. It's a bit confusing.

LearningToSmile

The forum didn't really change much at least on desktop.

But the reviews page now has a much cleaner layout, I appreciate it because I sometimes missed new reviews if a few were posted in a short period.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
But the reviews page now has a much cleaner layout, I appreciate it because I sometimes missed new reviews if a few were posted in a short period.
The pictures in the previews of the reviews are all faded out here.

Sometimes I can't see the panther.

1632224632613.png

Top Bottom