• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is this new forum layout? Test.

Do you like the new forum layout?

• Yes, I like the new layout

Votes: 50 57.5%
  • No, I don't like it.

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Bring back squared avatars at least?

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 21 24.1%

• Total voters

danadam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
When you link to a post:
there is this last line there:
lastline.png

The markup for that is rather weird:
Code:
div
    span
        img src=url to the post
    www.audiosciencereview.com
Is that intended? "src" pointing to a post instead of an actual image seems weird. Also the post url is already at the top, seems redundant to repeat it at the bottom.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Also, apologies I missed you in my thank you to ASR post in the welcome thread. I intended to but couldn't remember your handle name at the time. :D
@pozz is it possible to remove the "confirmation" for a like reaction to a post? I am finding it rather cumbersome when I want to like multiple posts in a thread.
I'm just involved with the database and indexes. This kind of request should go to @amirm.

For me the like system works as it did before on both my phone and my computer. No confirmations or list of reactions.

bennetng

Major Contributor
The worst thing is that the quote box shows irrelevant preview texts:
If you click the box above, the actual content is completely different.

Propheticus

The worst thing is that the quote box shows irrelevant preview texts:
If you click the box above, the actual content is completely different.
It appears to be taking the text from the <meta name="description" content="your description goes here"/> or in case of pages on this forum <meta property="og:description" content="description goes here" /> element of the page you link to.
You can see the same happening when linking to external websites.

When you link to a specific forum post, you still end up on a thread-page. In this case page 17. The first post on this page (#321) by restorer-john has been used to fill this page's meta-data tag, which results in:
<meta property="og:description" content="a good question might be is that even relevant with sigma-delta technology vs classical multi-bit. Absolutely true, but as you know, my pet interests are vintage and often classic CD players with multibit D/As, some with individual trimming of the top 1-4 bits for minimizing THD at low levels..." />
Looks to be working as designed.

bennetng

Major Contributor
It appears to be taking the text from the <meta name="description" content="your description goes here"/> or in case of pages on this forum <meta property="og:description" content="description goes here" /> element of the page you link to.
You can see the same happening when linking to external websites.

When you link to a specific forum post, you still end up on a thread-page. In this case page 17. The first post on this page (#321) by restorer-john has been used to fill this page's meta-data tag, which results in:
<meta property="og:description" content="a good question might be is that even relevant with sigma-delta technology vs classical multi-bit. Absolutely true, but as you know, my pet interests are vintage and often classic CD players with multibit D/As, some with individual trimming of the top 1-4 bits for minimizing THD at low levels..." />
Looks to be working as designed.
As designed, but misleading to readers.
So how to do what I intended to do without dealing with complex syntax, looking into source and such?
I mean, either shows the intended preview, or no preview.

Dogen

Forum Donor
I am not annoyed by the new layout, and that’s as good as it gets. I do like the new Reviews format...I would miss new ones from time to time.

Propheticus

As designed, but misleading to readers.
So how to do what I intended to do without dealing with complex syntax, looking into source and such?
I mean, either shows the intended preview, or no preview.
The design probably did not take this use case into account. So 'working as designed' doesn't help much. Was a wink reference to what a lot of (game) devs reply to bugs they don't think are bugs.

Select a piece of text in your post and then make a link out of it pointing to that url, instead of pasting the whole link as text. This way it doesn't get automatically changed into a confusing preview.

And if you like to quote text, use a quote.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
OP
Tks

Tks

Major Contributor
Anyone notice any weird bugs? I got two that I can recall, the first is, notification pane (that shows the number of alerts, flashes for a second with the number of notifications you have, but then disappears). The notifications are still there when you click the bell icon, but the little red bubble that tells you how many there are, goes away as if you clicked on it.

The second is when you click on someone's profile image in a forum post to see how many likes or messages they have, the "Messages" and "Likes" is separated by a massive gap for no reason.

Top Bottom