• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is the most dangerous music for driving?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
http://nautil.us/issue/9/time/how-music-hijacks-our-perception-of-time

Lots of good interesting info in this article. I liked the bit about Ride of the Valkyries being the most dangerous music to listen to while driving. I'd rank it highly in that category, but can think of a few that I would rank as more dangerous. More than one Steppenwolf song for instance. More than one Led Zep song. Not to mention a particular 8 track of Lynyrd Skynyrd.............

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I actively avoid listening to the Prodigy in the car, as I find my right foot gets heavier and heavier.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My friend & I almost had an accident on the motorway due to a symphony by Prokofiev.
The beginning was very low and we pushed the volume. When the violins suddenly attacked, like 5 minutes later, he thought another car had hit us and abrutply turned the streering wheel left.
Classical the most dangerous, in my opinion.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I drive like a grandma, so I often listen to The Prodigy just to speed things up a bit :D

Also:
<---- Judas Priest: Painkiller works great!

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Kraftwerk, Autobahn

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I don't listen to any music in the car. Years ago, I loved it, but now the radio/cd is rarely used. In car audio always has left me cold, regardless of the cost or pedigree.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah baby, tell the cop you were listening to Wagner so he should not write you a ticket.

OP
Blumlein 88

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah baby, tell the cop you were listening to Wagner so he should not write you a ticket.
If only that would work. I seem to remember Shell in the early 70's claimed they had studied and found that people who listened to rock music drove faster, had more agitated feet and used more gasoline than others. Of course at the time what were the others? Country? top 40?

I do remember the first time I heard FM radio was when my father purchased a 2nd hand Corvette, and those had FM radios before they were common at all.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you have this expression literally translated Experimental Music :eek:

Top Bottom