• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is the best phone with Aux 3.5mm jack and 32-bit/384kHz audio?

Jmudrick

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I bought a V60 and relegated my G7 to DAP duty. The quad dac in these LG phones sounds as good as most dongles plus they have SD support.
And battery life is insane compared to most any DAP or dongled phone.

A Surfer

Major Contributor
Indeed. I now use my G7 for video taking duty of my drumming practice (really shameful and shouldn't be recorded really) and my G8X is now my DAP.

Jmudrick

Forum Donor
Indeed. I now use my G7 for video taking duty of my drumming practice (really shameful and shouldn't be recorded really) and my G8X is now my DAP.
Do the math...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230222-125217.png
    Screenshot_20230222-125217.png
    356.4 KB · Views: 253

A Surfer

Major Contributor
Do the math...
Try to get those numbers from most purpose built DAPs. And using my phone as my source has allowed me to get rid of a computer tied to my DAC, good riddance I say. Yes a phone is a computer of course, but I think it is different enough to reference it as not a computer. I used to go through the trouble of JRiver (although it really isn't any trouble) and my laptop tied to my DAC via USB because of a ridiculous belief that Bluetooth done well was not audibly transparent. It absolutely is and anybody who thinks with properly implemented Bluetooth at both points in the chain that they are giving up audible fidelity versus USB is telling themselves a story that they want to hear.

Roderik

Happy new year everybody, recently my old samsung s8 died, so i am without a phone currently.
I have many 3.5m jack/aux equipment like headphones and other things which i want to use without any convertors .
Whats currently the best phones which you can advice me with aux/ 3.5mm jack which measures well and have high end dac and stuff like that?
My phone motherboard is dead so i need to get something else i am currently considering lg g5 but its very old and hard to find and it will be used a lot with hifi friends plus, or samsung s10 . Please share your feedback.
Two things are absolute must 1st phone needs to have aux 3.5mm jack , and 2nd phone needs to have 32-bit/384kHz audio chip.

I am currently using my iphone 13 to listen music via lightning to aux convertor and its junk sound quality is 1000 times worse compared to my samsung s8....
so i dont want convertor/adapters only pure 3.5mm jack aux... i also dont like bluetooth.
What phones you can advice me , i dont mind used phones or older ones,as long as they are exellent in sound quality and fit my needs
Happy new year everybody, recently my old samsung s8 died, so i am without a phone currently.
I have many 3.5m jack/aux equipment like headphones and other things which i want to use without any convertors .
Whats currently the best phones which you can advice me with aux/ 3.5mm jack which measures well and have high end dac and stuff like that?
My phone motherboard is dead so i need to get something else i am currently considering lg g5 but its very old and hard to find and it will be used a lot with hifi friends plus, or samsung s10 . Please share your feedback.
Two things are absolute must 1st phone needs to have aux 3.5mm jack , and 2nd phone needs to have 32-bit/384kHz audio chip.

I am currently using my iphone 13 to listen music via lightning to aux convertor and its junk sound quality is 1000 times worse compared to my samsung s8....
so i dont want convertor/adapters only pure 3.5mm jack aux... i also dont like bluetooth.
What phones you can advice me , i dont mind used phones or older ones,as long as they are exellent in sound quality and fit my needi
Try to get those numbers from most purpose built DAPs. And using my phone as my source has allowed me to get rid of a computer tied to my DAC, good riddance I say. Yes a phone is a computer of course, but I think it is different enough to reference it as not a computer. I used to go through the trouble of JRiver (although it really isn't any trouble) and my laptop tied to my DAC via USB because of a ridiculous belief that Bluetooth done well was not audibly transparent. It absolutely is and anybody who thinks with properly implemented Bluetooth at both points in the chain that they are giving up audible fidelity versus USB is telling themselves a story that they want to hear.
This can’t be serious. Because what’s wrong with an iPhone plus a simple cheap Apple dongle (lightning to 3.5)? It certainly doesn’t produce terrible sound. Only for headphones that are power slurpers you may need an extra headphone amplifier but Grados for example (also the very expensive ones) can be driven easily by an iPhone. To connect an iPhone to an amplifier you can stream via Airplay 2 in 24/192 quality. Anybody who says that’s not enough is lying. So this whole question is rubbish.

Jmudrick

Forum Donor
This can’t be serious. Because what’s wrong with an iPhone plus a simple cheap Apple dongle (lightning to 3.5)? It certainly doesn’t produce terrible sound. Only for headphones that are power slurpers you may need an extra headphone amplifier but Grados for example (also the very expensive ones) can be driven easily by an iPhone. To connect an iPhone to an amplifier you can stream via Airplay 2 in 24/192 quality. Anybody who says that’s not enough is lying. So this whole question is rubbish.
You aspire to not terrible? And battery life using a dongle does become important. But hey if it's all just rubbish thanks for playing we'll see you next thread I guess.

DS_Construct

The LG V series is tops for a DAP with every convenience and great battery life.

A Surfer

Major Contributor
Are you reading my post properly? I don't think so. I was saying that BT is excellent and you went off on a tangent that didn't have anything to do with my point. Or I didn't think so anyway.

Masterxyr

LG V60 (or V50), if you don't mind an older phone. Can find brand new on ebay.
aparently, one cannot throw a question into the webz pond about this without the answer being lg v60.
Now, I'm coming from a v20 (which went crazy and I tried my best to dive into the crazysantas, KDZs, flashing this and that, and no luck, but I was really happy with how it IMO dealt with almost all my phones, the exception being the 880s 600ohm (still mostly fine, but can't expect miracles).
I found a reasonable deal on ebay (can't find them anywhere else in almost all of Europe) but I'm wondering about warranty as 300$ without that blanket of reassurance leaves a little uneasy. the seller is seemingly trustworthy.
All this might be a bit noobish, so pardons all round

DS_Construct

aparently, one cannot throw a question into the webz pond about this without the answer being lg v60.
Now, I'm coming from a v20 (which went crazy and I tried my best to dive into the crazysantas, KDZs, flashing this and that, and no luck, but I was really happy with how it IMO dealt with almost all my phones, the exception being the 880s 600ohm (still mostly fine, but can't expect miracles).
I found a reasonable deal on ebay (can't find them anywhere else in almost all of Europe) but I'm wondering about warranty as 300$ without that blanket of reassurance leaves a little uneasy. the seller is seemingly trustworthy.
All this might be a bit noobish, so pardons all round
I have had a V60, as a phone, and the V40, V30 and V50 as DAPs. If you don't need mqa, then the V60 is a great DAP and, with the second screen, a great gaming device as well. I use Tidal so I have settled on the V50 as it supports MQA with Tidal version 2.31.

Last edited:
Top Bottom