• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is the best method to play back digital stereo music on an AVR?

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
Like the title says, What is the best method to play back digital stereo music on an AVR? I used to be a major DSD & high-res freak but now I am perfectly happy with CD quality music. I have a Sony STR-DN1080, which I am fairly certain it can reproduce CD quality music well, Anything above CD quality would be a waste for it. When I listen to music, I use the "Pure direct", which means I don't get Room EQ and Bass management, which I am fine with. I do not trust HDMI audio but I listed it anyways.

Digital Playback candidates:
  • Sony ubp-x800 via HDMI into the AVR's HDMI ports that are made for "best audio quality"
  • Sony ubp-x800 via Digital Coaxial
  • Plugging in a flash drive directly into the AVR.
  • Analog via LG G7's Hifi DAC.

Golfx

Forum Donor
I use a Roon nucleus to Roon ready device

MLaranjeiras

I use mconnect app on my smartphone (US$ 7.00). I play musics on Tidal inside mconnect and send them via network to my AV Receiver Pioneer VSX LX 503. Works Fine.

Top Bottom