• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is the best method to convert itunes music to FLAC

• Thread starter Deleted member 12290
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12290

i have seen a couple of apps online that can be used to convert my purchased itunes music files to flac . I want to put these files on my new hires DAP .
I would appreciate any input from those who have used any of these apps and if there were any negative issues in doing so.
Thanks in advance.

Pluto

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Running on what platform?

On Windows, dBPowerAmp outweighs everything else for its sheer convenience and flexibility. It converts nearly everything to anything and has been around for years so it's rock steady and does exactly what it says on the tin.

Reactions: EdW

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Musicbee is a great free Windows-based media player that can convert files to FLAC. I don't have any iTunes music, but it shouldn't have any problem as long as the files are not protected.

Katji

Major Contributor
^^^But can the DAP play Apple format files?

And by app you mean iPhone apps?

OP
D

Deleted member 12290

Running on what platform?

On Windows, dBPowerAmp outweighs everything else for its sheer convenience and flexibility. It converts nearly everything to anything and has been around for years so it's rock steady and does exactly what it says on the tin.
Thank you for that info. Yes I am using windows 10 . I will take a look at that

OP
D

Deleted member 12290

Musicbee is a great free Windows-based media player that can convert files to FLAC. I don't have any iTunes music, but it shouldn't have any problem as long as the files are not protected.
Thank you for the recomendation. I will have a look at that.

OP
D

Deleted member 12290

Files from the iTunes store are not lossless and you wouldn’t gain anything by converting them to flac.
I was not aware of that. I suppose I will have to buy music off of HD tracks. I cannot buy and download from my Amazon HD. I use that for my desktop listening but wanted better quality for a new Hiby r3 pro dap.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
do you have CDs ? if so, just rip them

Top Bottom