• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is the best AMP/DAC for Sennheiser HD 650

Mr4nT4r

I need the best AMP/DAC for Sennheiser HD 650, i have right now jds labs element ii

budget: $500

Last edited:

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just had a pair of those last week. They sounded amazing on my current stack which is an SMSL SP200 and M300 DAC. You can stay in low gain mode, and same power on either connector so you can use stock cables.
The Magni Heresy and Topping d10s or Khadas tone board also sounded great if the volume wheel location isnt an issue. Also the Drop thx One or JDS Atom and the JDS Atom DAC+ are all good with those and way under budget.

OP
M

Mr4nT4r

I just had a pair of those last week. They sounded amazing on my current stack which is an SMSL SP200 and M300 DAC. You can stay in low gain mode, and same power on either connector so you can use stock cables.
The Magni Heresy and Topping d10s or Khadas tone board also sounded great if the volume wheel location isnt an issue. Also the Drop thx One or JDS Atom and the JDS Atom DAC+ are all good with those and way under budget.
so between these
SMSL SP200 and M300 DAC
The Magni Heresy and Topping d10s or Khadas tone board
Drop thx One or JDS Atom and the JDS Atom DAC+

wich one will be better and have a noticeable difference than jds labs element ii

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You're unlikely to notice any real change over the existing unit. What's wrong with the current set up?

OP
M

Mr4nT4r

You're unlikely to notice any real change over the existing unit. What's wrong with the current set up?
it's working fine, I just wanted to upgrade mine. since there is no noticeable difference between mine and your suggestion than I'm not going to upgrade

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
it's working fine, I just wanted to upgrade mine. since there is no noticeable difference between mine and your suggestion than I'm not going to upgrade
Sounds sensible. You might want to look into applying eq though to painlessly and reversibly change how the 650 sound to you.

Top Bottom