• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is that?

Adaboy4z

1.jpg

What is the big silver item to the left on the black rack. Just curious if anyone can ID. Its at and Estate sale I plan to attend this AM.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
A

Adaboy4z

oh, ok never would have thought of that. Thanks for the responses!!

OP
A

Adaboy4z

They wanted $275 for Akai. Didn't know if that was a good price. I did pick up a Carver HX Pro tape deck for $45 with original box and manuals.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They wanted $275 for Akai. Didn't know if that was a good price. I did pick up a Carver HX Pro tape deck for $45 with original box and manuals.

If it looked good and was in working condition that is a very good price.

Martin

GeorgeWalk

Looks like an Akai GX-77:
gx-77.JPG

Martin
I have one of those (without the cover). Nice machine. I bought it on Facebook Market Place. I got it cheap because one channel wasn't working. There was a cold solder joint that gave out on the input board. I fixed it and it works fine. I don't listen to it much. I just like it on the shelf for nostalgia.

GeorgeWalk

$275 is a good price for a reel-to-reel these days. Some of the Akai GX-77s go for $500-$1500 depending on condition.

OP
A

Adaboy4z

$275 is a good price for a reel-to-reel these days. Some of the Akai GX-77s go for $500-$1500 depending on condition.
A young guy was hovering over and bought it. I probably wouldn't have used it either. It's a nice looking piece for sure.

Top Bottom