• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is better for stereo Denon 3700h or Audiolab 6000A Play with Wharfedale EVO 4.4?

Cepega

I want to buy new speakers and amplifier. I’m not sure about my future plans and HT but I have PS5 and Android TV. I listen turntable Sony 310BT (but I want to upgrade it in the future) - rock, metal, electronic, electro-swing :))) Sometimes I listen Spotify and Apple Music w/Bluetooth.
I need a help with choose between AVR Denon 3700h and stereo Amplifier Audiolab 6000A play. I read many articles that AVR Denon is good for music as base. But Audiolab is good too.
Today I want to buy speakers Wharfedale Evo 4.4.
Is Denon 3700h really good for music for not audiophiles?

Last edited:

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I want to buy new speakers and amplifier. I’m not sure about my future plans and HT but I have PS5 and Android TV. I listen turntable Sony 310BT (but I want to upgrade it in the future) - rock, metal, electronic, electro-swing :))) Sometimes I listen Spotify and Apple Music w/Bluetooth.
I need a help with choose between AVR Denon 3700h and stereo Amplifier Audiolab 6000A play. I read many articles that AVR Denon is good for music as base. But Audiolab is good too.
Today I want to buy speakers Wharfedale Evo 4.4.
Is Denon 3700h really good for music for not audiophiles?
Take the Denon (the new model is the X3800). Many have it here to listen to music including myself. It measures well enough and the best is, that it has room correction (Audyssey) built in along with a DAC, a streamer, TV and other connections… plus more power than the Audiolab. And if power is not enough you can run it in pure preamp mode and add power amps.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Can't see choosing that Audiolab over the better featured Denon. Bigger question is why would you choose the Audiolab over the Denon?

ags

Mabe because the price and not necessary AVR functionality.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Mabe because the price and not necessary AVR functionality.
Well, aside from price....and not sure what the difference in this case is particularly either....but sure, if you don't want the more powerful amp or any of the avr feature set (like don't have any plans for subs or additional speakers down the line or need the roomeq setup), maybe the Audiolab could work out. Just more curious what the OP is weighing in the balance so to speak....

symphara

Addicted to Fun and Learning
There's a big price difference between the Denon and the Audiolab. If you can afford the Denon, go for it, it does a lot more.

Otherwise if you're budget-sensitive you can look at something like the Yamaha N803, it's much more powerful than the Audiolab, does the streaming stuff too, has even a bit of room correction, for roughly the same cost (at least where I live).

JaccoW

Can't see choosing that Audiolab over the better featured Denon. Bigger question is why would you choose the Audiolab over the Denon?
Because the Denon is ugly? The Audiolab probably doesn't do everything I want either (tape out) but other than that it's a damn sexy device.

The Denon is almost twice as expensive (€1450) versus the Audiolab (€800). the Audiolab 8300a (€1250) might be closer but yeah, it's a weird comparison.

More importantly though, if you're hooking up a lot of devices that would send the audio over HDMI the 6000a might not be the best option as it has 0 (zero) HDMI ports. Though it does have 2x coax and 2x Toslink.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Because the Denon is ugly? The Audiolab probably doesn't do everything I want either (tape out) but other than that it's a damn sexy device.

The Denon is almost twice as expensive (€1450) versus the Audiolab (€800). the Audiolab 8300a (€1250) might be closer but yeah, it's a weird comparison.

More importantly though, if you're hooking up a lot of devices that would send the audio over HDMI the 6000a might not be the best option as it has 0 (zero) HDMI ports. Though it does have 2x coax and 2x Toslink.
Meh, don't stare at gear, the look of the box means little to me. Thanks for the info on the pricing involved, had looked it up since ($1k for the integrated here and was unaware of the brand for the most part before). However, still more interested in the OP's view of what's on the scales. The integrated pales in connectivity/content options for sure....

Top Bottom