• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What IEMs do you own?

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Just ordered the new qkz x hbb (£19) because I'm finding that when out and about in noisy eviorments. I need more bass as low frequencies seem to get swamped the most.

ThatSoundsGood

Forum Donor
If you are ever interested in custom molded IEM's then I highly recommend 64 Audio. I have used Ultimate Ears, JH Audio, Sensaphonics and several other brands, but none come anywhere close to 64 Audio. They blow everything else away.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Using the Venture Electronics VE Monk which is the best $10 I ever spent. Also they're on the ear so convenient to take places and also don't stress about them getting broken or lost.
The Sennheiser Momentum were great, like the sound a lot (nice vocals and tight bass), but the battery only stayed charged for 2 days max which was a pretty big hassle if you don't use them every day.
The Sennheiser IE800 was ok, but I don't like the U shape profile at all (or V shape for that matter).
The Sony X3 was pretty nice but didn't like looking like Herman Munster with the rectangle peg design .
Might try the Momentum 2 and check if the battery on them is fixed so it'll stay charged longer.
One More Triple driver had headphone sounding bass, but wasn't the most detailed, and treble can be brittle on bright tracks.
Soundmagic E80c was pretty good sounding overall, and low profile for fitting under a helmet. If I ever get back into riding, I'd get them again.

Womaz

Etymotic ER4XR ….absolutely love the sound but cant get away with that deep insertion for too long
Campfire Andromeda ….love the sound signature of these
Cambridge Melomania Touch for wireless use

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Etymotic ER4XR ….absolutely love the sound but cant get away with that deep insertion for too long
Campfire Andromeda ….love the sound signature of these
Cambridge Melomania Touch for wireless use

Love the my Andromeda as well. I added a nice DIY cable along with it :)

Capture3.JPG

scorePO

Shure SE535
Etymotic ER2XR
AKG K3003
Creative Aurvana In-Ear2
Soundmagic E10
Zero Audio Carbon Tenore
Xiaomi Piston
...and some KZ's (can't recall the name)

Luke Lemke

I don't own ANY IEM's except for a wireless AKG that Crinacle recommended.
I'm thinking about getting the Moondrop Blessing 2. Anybody has recommendations of IEM's on the $300 price range?

Twx

If you are ever interested in custom molded IEM's then I highly recommend 64 Audio. I have used Ultimate Ears, JH Audio, Sensaphonics and several other brands, but none come anywhere close to 64 Audio. They blow everything else away.
Sound only - or more?

RHO

Major Contributor
I don't own ANY IEM's except for a wireless AKG that Crinacle recommended.
I'm thinking about getting the Moondrop Blessing 2. Anybody has recommendations of IEM's on the $300 price range?
I would get the Blessing 2 Dusk instead of the regular version.

ThatSoundsGood

Forum Donor
Sound only - or more?
Well, they sound better for sure; faster low end, more even overall frequency response and the phase is the most coherent of any that I have used. Plus, they're a great company. They also make them in a way that gets a better fit. The seal is really important with in ear monitors. Is there something else you're looking for with them?

Reactions: Twx

oleg87

I'm an IEM neophyte, since I use over-ear headphones for my audiophile listening and have mostly moved to various TWS buds for portable needs. I've had a set of Etymotic ER2XR's for a while but I was never impressed with them. Kind of a muffled, uninspiring sound that I haven't figured out how to improve much with EQ, and comfort leaves much to be desired. Amir's glowing review of the $50 Truthear Zero's made me wonder if I was missing anything in the hi-fi realm. While these are very conducive to EQ, I didn't find the stock timbre to my taste. Then I decided to try the even-cheaper Moondrop Chus, but while they punch well above their $20 weight above a few hundred Hz, they make un-EQd HD600s sound like basshead headphones. So again, not for me. Now I'm on to a set of $80 Moondrop Arias, which come closer to my idea of a neutral tonality that I was expecting from the Zeros. For now I think this is where my IEM experiments stop, I'm satisfied with these Arias but not yet particularly inspired to raise my budget. Not sure if there's some amount of $ you can spend where the sound feels more spacious and less like a small driver jammed inside your ear canal, or if that's just a limitation of the form factor?

Twx

Well, they sound better for sure; faster low end, more even overall frequency response and the phase is the most coherent of any that I have used. Plus, they're a great company. They also make them in a way that gets a better fit. The seal is really important with in ear monitors. Is there something else you're looking for with them?
No they sound better by the day - while there’s others out there - using the car analogy: some Rolls Royce, some handmade exotics etc - they all seem to cost way more than worth/be limited/possibly sit in the garage for months if an issue, and likely also break down as less quality control through mass production and sales. Now there can be some that bucks that trend and you find a jewel, but a higher risk. The fit is definitely something I’ve been watching for too, as several I’ve dreamed about owning - once seeing how far they stick out in some ears - it’s like lighting conductors

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Too many…

AKG N5005 - best sounding IEM I’ve heard, with dynamics for days and (with Complys) great fit. Super flexible too, with TRS, TRRS, and Bluetooth cables out of the box as well as multiple acoustic filters. Add Apple’s Continuity, Spatial Audio, and Transparency Mode to the BT cable and the rest of the world of IEMs would be superfluous to me.

AirPods Pro Gen2 - Prime Day pickup, haven’t used much yet. I like them better than the first ones I think, but haven’t compared closely. The included tips actually work for me - seal and stay in place. First time I’ve been able to say that, unless Complys were included.

AKG N400NC. Most comfortable IEM I’ve tried, sound really great up to their output limit. Needs an upgrade to allow pair with multiple devices, given that Samsung can’t/won’t do Continuity. It’s really dumb to only be able to pair a wireless IEM to just one device.

AirPods Pro Gen1 - my WFH savior, pretty decent sound quality, great call quality.

Audeze iSine10. I have the Lightning EQ cable as well as the BT cable for these, but mostly use them with Quedlix 5K and the Oratory EQ. Really nice when you want to be able to hear around you - open back planars work almost as well as Transparency Mode :).

OG Ety ER-4. Need new filters. Have not used in quite a while.

Top Bottom