• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

DeepShadow

GRADO SR80x...

Kevbaz

Grado entry level, mid and higher end to see how they vary
Cheers
KEvin

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
JBL Tune 710 BT #29

I have wondered about JBL over ear BT headphones' sound for quite some time as I see them wearing by people around, now there is one more reason to test them :). These look like a newer version of "JBL Tune 750BTNC" with noise cancelling feature removed..(?)

coolajami

KLH Ultimate One and if possible in a side to side comparison with the Sivga SV007. A great opportunity to settle the debate if KLH shamelessly rebranded the Sivga in a higher price mark, or there are actually substantial differences between the two.

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This would be interesting to see here, since Solderdude has compared its frequency and the subjectively perceived sound with many well-known headphones as a reference

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It has been a bit quiet with headphone reviews lately. I wonder what headphones are in the pipeline.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It has been a bit quiet with headphone reviews lately. I wonder what headphones are in the pipeline.
Sorry about that. Headphone measurements routinely bring grief so subconsciously I tend to avoid testing them a big. :)

phoenixsong

I'd like to see how the new Beyer Dynamic DT 900/700 Pro X's measure compared to the 990/770/880/1990
Ooh curious about the 700. Hopefully they did something to address their predecessors' treble peak and distortion

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry about that. Headphone measurements routinely bring grief so subconsciously I tend to avoid testing them a big. :)
Once in a while decent headphones will show up. ;) But I agree that testing headphones is not the most uplifting task to do.

Merkurio

I'd like to see how the new Beyer Dynamic DT 900/700 Pro X's measure compared to the 990/770/880/1990

This.

The DT 700 Pro X would be a nice contender for closed-back under the $300 mark if the performance delivers.

Alas, the Beyerdynamic's record isn't the best out there and the lack of measurements doesn't help either...

Carlo2AC

@amirm it would be great if you measured the HD660s

It would be amazing to have all the 600 series headphones reviewed here, and the HD580 seeing as some consider not worth getting the HD660s considering the HD580 price range

I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on differences, especially in technicality from your perspective.

The 580-600 series are among the most famous headphone series in the community, and you already reviewed the 650 (6XX) & 600 that are considered legendary

Last edited:

phoenixsong

@amirm it would be great if you measured the HD660s

It would be amazing to have all the 600 series headphones reviewed here, and the HD580 seeing as some consider not worth getting the HD660s considering the HD580 price range

I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on differences, especially in technicality from your perspective.

The 580-600 series are among the most famous headphone series in the community, and you already reviewed the 650 (6XX) & 600 that are considered legendary
I think there have been measurements made on many other sites

Carlo2AC

I think there have been measurements made on many other sites
There have been, there are a lot. Might be dyslexia or just lack of coffee friend, but i swear i read "What headphones would you like Amir to measure review next?"

phoenixsong

There have been, there are a lot. Might be dyslexia or just lack of coffee friend, but i swear i read "What headphones would you like Amir to measure review next?"
It's all good! Btw Amir has also measured and reviewed the HD58X if you're interested- I just noticed that you didn't mention it alongside the HD600 and HD6XX, so may have missed out on its review here :)

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
It’ll be interesting to see what happens over the coming weeks and months.

Irrespective of differing opinions on Harman, the one thing I think we can all agree on is that there’s a market for headphones with that sound.

I suspect we’re going to see a plethora of new models following the curve. Who knows what it’ll bring. You can imagine Beyer (who love releasing different versions of the same headphone) releasing models, one with an ‘A’ suffix (for analytical) and one with an ‘N’ suffix (for neutral).

Good news for us. If half a dozen manufacturers release their version of the K371 for $70-$150, all with a similar curve, there’ll be good choices for us.

I doubt there’ll be too many high end manufacturers who won’t put out at least one model that follows the curve.

Then the backlash, as people demand alternatives.

Interesting times.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It’ll be interesting to see what happens over the coming weeks and months.

Irrespective of differing opinions on Harman, the one thing I think we can all agree on is that there’s a market for headphones with that sound.

I suspect we’re going to see a plethora of new models following the curve. Who knows what it’ll bring. You can imagine Beyer (who love releasing different versions of the same headphone) releasing models, one with an ‘A’ suffix (for analytical) and one with an ‘N’ suffix (for neutral).

Good news for us. If half a dozen manufacturers release their version of the K371 for $70-$150, all with a similar curve, there’ll be good choices for us.

I doubt there’ll be too many high end manufacturers who won’t put out at least one model that follows the curve.

Then the backlash, as people demand alternatives.

Interesting times.
Harman Curve has been around since 2013 though, what is making you think that the coming months in particular are going to mean increased adherence to the Harman Curve by headphone manufacturers?

usern

Yeah. It's disappointing that new headphone releases are flooded with youtube reviews that tell you nothing about measured performance.

Additionally, I would like to see more closed back headphone reviews like AIAIAI TMA-2 HD Studio, Shure SRH1540 and Sennheiser HD 300 Pro.

Top Bottom