• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
Amir has a Moondrop Aria about to be measured- I have high hopes for it. Using mine with the clear adhesive behind the metal wax guards removed and with the tips changed to BGVP A07 tips in S. I do not feel any need to EQ it but wish for about 2dB more bass on some tracks

@amirm can you confirm or deny that you have these for review and measurement?

Many thanks.

tdockweiler

I think more ultra budget Bluetooth closed portable headphones would be nice (with noise cancelling!).
I'm really surprised how many there are under $100!
Yes, they are generally not suitable as a primary headphone, but they have their uses.
I bought my first bluetooth headphone for mowing the lawn and for use in the gym.

Skullcandy makes a lot of them, so does Anker and JBL.
A lot of them that have gotten good reviews and are made by companies that are not known for making headphones.

One i'd suggest first is the Anker Soundcore Life Q20.
It's an earlier model and each new version seems to add MORE bass, but improved noise cancelling.
The Q20 is the one that is around $50 and the later versions are more expensive.
This one is a bit too bassy really and has a "V-shaped" sound signature.
When I listen to it, the sound isn't all that offensive, but I wish it was easier to EQ!

One that's more neutral sounding is the Plantronics Backbeat GO 810.
Another is the Razer Opus, but it's about $200 or so.

PS it's too bad that most of these are probably not great for watching movies due to slight lag.
I do use mine with a Fire 4k at times and there are settings that reduce the lag or just keep it more in sync.

JackStraw5877

I am very interested in seeing the new $4,000 Meze Elite measured by Amir - It looks very similar aesthetically to the Empyrean (which I would like to see measured by Amir as well) but apparently with an updated "Isodynamic Hybrid Array" driver.

I can say that my subjective impressions of the Empyrean were very positive, with (as many others have said) a level of comfort I've not experienced with any other headphone. And I seem to recall seeing a picture of a Benchmark employee with the Empyrean on his desk plugged into an HP4 (not that this necessarily means anything but it nevertheless caught my eye).

Existing measurements of the Empyrean taken by others seem to be a source of contention.

Anyone else interested in either of these headphones being measured by Amir?

EDIT: I meant to include a link to the Elite... https://mezeaudio.com/products/elite

ziddy76

Shure 1540
Focal Elegia

More closed back in the $500 budget.

ziddy76

HD6xx and HD650 at the same time.

Bow_Wazoo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Solaris SE

PSX_20210917_194654.jpg

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

MrBrainwash

1632169995291.png

crosszone cz-1

HD560s

RHO

Major Contributor
How would you adjust that thing to fit your head? It looks like the headband is fixed.
edit: Never mind. I found some pictures showing how it works.

Last edited:

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Raex

I'd like to see measurements of the Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 250ohm version

digitallysane

Yamaha HPH-MT8.
Just got those and I find them very clear and defined.
I also just joined this forum and realized that I know nothing.
Hello everyone!

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I am very interested in seeing the new $4,000 Meze Elite measured by Amir - It looks very similar aesthetically to the Empyrean (which I would like to see measured by Amir as well) but apparently with an updated "Isodynamic Hybrid Array" driver.

I can say that my subjective impressions of the Empyrean were very positive, with (as many others have said) a level of comfort I've not experienced with any other headphone. And I seem to recall seeing a picture of a Benchmark employee with the Empyrean on his desk plugged into an HP4 (not that this necessarily means anything but it nevertheless caught my eye).

Existing measurements of the Empyrean taken by others seem to be a source of contention.

Anyone else interested in either of these headphones being measured by Amir?

EDIT: I meant to include a link to the Elite... https://mezeaudio.com/products/elite
Yeah been eyeing this too, distortion measurements are much lower than the Empyrean's according to this link

Top Bottom