• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
My dad brought these ancient beauties from 1971... Shall we test them? :D
I want to say yes but you are in EU and it just isn't cost effective to send things back and forth.

Ramon Cota

PANASONIC RP-HT-161 ( should be easy , they are dirt cheap )
YAMAHA HPH MT 5 ( are they any good ? )
Sennheiser HD 280 pro
Shure SRH440

Ramon's current reference headphones are panasonics and tonally are great except bass is missing , needs to know how they stack up to more serious cans.

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
PANASONIC RP-HT-161 ( should be easy , they are dirt cheap )
YAMAHA HPH MT 5 ( are they any good ? )
Sennheiser HD 280 pro
Shure SRH440

Ramon's current reference headphones are panasonics and tonally are great except bass is missing , needs to know how they stack up to more serious cans.
Seconded. Amir has Panasonic's low-end in-ears and supra-aurals queued up but these over-ears might compete with the $9 Sonys.

Plus, I have to give them kudos for the colorways they've been releasing in the middle price points (RP-HD605N-T / RP-HD805N-T):

1541763336_1442275.jpg

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

mslim

Takstar Pro 82. Those are quite cheap and can be found around 40-50€ here in Europe. (or imported from Aliexpress;)) Also they are quite well acclaimed though.
I got mine for 45€ from Amazon and would like to see how they measure on Amir's G.R.A.S.

Also I'd like to see measured Mr. Speakers Ether CX from Drop...

I will second the Takstar Pro 82 (for closed headphone) . Always wondering although solderdude has measured it but would be nice to have it measured on the GRAS. I'll add another cheap headphone: ISK HF2010 (For open headphone. This one is sort of a replacement for the Takstar HI2050 which is no longer made. Takstar and ISK are apparently owned by brothers so one passed the interest to the other I guess).

So can someone be kind enough to send these in for Amir to test. The transportation costs is too high from where I am. Takstar Pro 82 is about US53 and ISK is USD33.

Given the spade of expensive headphones with less than stellar measurements, one really wonders whether gems can be had from these

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I want to say yes but you are in EU and it just isn't cost effective to send things back and forth.

Do you have any idea what the cost would be sending a HP as gift from EU, i.e. one-way only.

Red@

Verite is coming. Didn't realize there is open and closed versions. If so, which is more common?
Hello @amirm ,
The closed are more common beceause of 2 things:
- they offer the isolation of a closed-back without loosing on stage (compared to the verite open)
- they have a better frequency response than the open ( except the 5.5k pic common to both open and closed).

Do you still intend to review the verite ?

Thanks for your posts, I learn here a lot

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If iems can be measured, I think measuring these iems (all with nearly identical frequency responses and electrical specifications) coupled with listening tests would be interesting- we'll be able to find out exactly what differences in the other measurements mean in listening and also if the physical properties of driver diaphragms matter much at all (since these 3 are all using different diaphragms)
Moondrop Aria (2021): Unboxing – In-Ear Fidelity (crinacle.com)

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Has anyone sent in the Arya or would be willing to get theirs measured?

markanini

Major Contributor
I would love to hear Amirs evaluation of some classics and how they compare to newer and more expensive headphones on the market. I'm thinking of AKG K612 and Beyerdynamic DT880, DT770 and DT250.

Fernando

Forum Donor
After the Ananda..... Akg k702, LCD2, Arya, STAX !!!

Top Bottom